Aachen, Germany - Team USA continued their success at the CHIO Aachen with strong performances over the past two days. Steffen Peters and Weltino's Magic, owned by Jen Hlavacek, won the Preis der VUV-Vereinigte Unternehmerverbände Aachen.
The class was the Prix St. Georges of the small tour, and the 9-year-old Westfalen gelding received judges' scores of 71.053, 73.553, 72.632, 75.000, and 70.658 for a total percentage of 72.579.
USEF Dressage Technical Advisor Anne Gribbons stated, "Under Steffen's expert guidance, Weltino's Magic made a grand debut in Europe at the small tour. Hearing our national anthem after the Prix St. Georges, which was the first class of the event, made the U.S. team feel like we are off to a good start!"
Dressage competition continues tomorrow with the Grand Prix CDIO class. The U.S. team will be:
- Steffen Peters (San Diego, CA) and Ravel (owned by Four Winds Farm and Akiko Yamazaki);
- Jan Ebeling (Moorpark, CA) and Rafalca (owned by Ann Romney and Amy Roberts Ebeling);
- Guenter Seidel (Cardiff, CA) and UII (owned by Dick and Jane Brown);
- Todd Fettrich (Royal Palm Beach, FL) and Otto (owned by Cherry Knoll Farm).
Show Jumping Team Fourth In the Order for Nations Cup
Team USA will go fourth in the order in tomorrow's show jumping Nations Cup in Aachen. The team has been listed in this order:
- McLain Ward (Brewster, NY) and Antares F (owned by Grant Road Partners);
- Margie Engle (Wellington, FL) and Indigo (owned by Garber, Griese, Hidden Creek Farm & Gladewinds Farm);
- Laura Kraut (Wellington, FL) and Cedric (owned by Happy Hill Farm);
- Beezie Madden (Cazenovia, NY) and Coral Reef Via Volo (owned by Coral Reef Ranch).
Show Jumpers Start Out Aachen with Speed and Clear Rounds
Laura Kraut has already posted three Top Three finishes in Aachen. On Tuesday, she rode Dona Evita, an 8-year-old Belgian Warmblood mare (owned by the Evita Group) to third place in the NetAachen-Preis class. Beezie Madden piloted Abigail Wexner's Amadora, an 8-year-old KWPN mare to sixth place in the class.
Kraut and Teirra (owned by Stars and Stripes) were third on Tuesday in the STAWAG-Preis class. Teirra, an 11-year-old KWPN mare was also third today in the Warsteiner Preis class.
In the Preis of Städte Region Aachen class, in memory of Landrat Hermann-Josef Pütz, Madden and Cortes C, also owned by Abigail Wexner, were fourth. Cortes C is a 9-year-old Belgian Warmblood gelding.
Competition for the show jumpers continues through Sunday, July 17.
Weber Is Second In Opening Phase for Driving
Team USA's individual driving representative, Chester Weber, began his competition with a second-place finish in the dressage phase for Four-in-Hand driving, a rating competition for individual competitors. His team consisted of Para, Senate, Splash, and Uniek, and they received a total score of 37.25.
For information on all the competition at the 2011 CHIO Aachen, visit http://www.usefnetwork.com/featured/2011CHIOAachen/.