ShowRingShine The Boot Care Kit
Designed by Shannon Peters, FEI competitor and popular coach
• To create a mirror shine on new or old boots
• To breathe life into cracked, dull or stiff boots
• To protect your boots’ rich, supple leather
High performance dressage athlete Shannon Peters has taken her reputation for being impeccably groomed for the show ring to a new level. Creator of ShowRingShine, Shannon Peters rides into competitions wearing boots so rich looking, so shiny you might see your face in their reflection.
A national championship competitor, teacher, and coach to her dressage Olympian husband Steffen Peters, Shannon is often asked how she does it. No magic, no secret ingredients. Instead a simple system that will bring a shine to your boots and a proud smile to your face.
And now Shannon shares her formula in ShowRingShine, The Boot Care Kit, the cleaning and polishing system that she has given the same attention and care she gives to her own boots, to her riding and to the care of her horses.
Why give your boots the best care?
• Boots say a lot about who you are, whether you ride into the show arena or down the trail, in a boot with a lack luster look or one in clean, luxurious condition.
• Boots are an investment. Boots cared for with ShowRingShine show a mirror shine, preserving the leather for years of use, even if you wear your boots all day, every day.
A winning path to boot shine
Shannon’s winning system for a beautiful boot shine and excellent condition.
1. First, if your boots are very dirty, remove excess solid dirt, sweat and old polish with a clean, damp rag.
2. Next, put the Shine Rite® cleaning tool to work on especially hard-to-get dirt and grime along the sides of boot soles.
3. Douse the kit sponge in warm water and use it to apply Castile soap. Be sure to wring out the sponge to avoid building up suds that will leave a residue on your boots.
4. Apply Shine Rite® Leather Heel & Sole EdgeColor Renew with its built-in applicator along the heels and outer soles of your boots.
5. Spread on a thin, even coat of Shine Rite® Platinum Premium Shoe Cream, shaking the tube well before each application. One coat is best.
6. Allow at least 5-10 minutes for the polish to dry. Once dry, use the kit’s buffing cloth to shine up your boots.
Shannon is a U.S. Dressage Federation Bronze, Silver and Gold Medalist, and two-time National Championship competitor, on Luxor in 2007 when the two were crowned Reserve National Champions Intermediare I and on Flor de Selva in 2009 when they took home 4th place in the Intermediare division.
She loves to bring young horses through the levels, one of the most successful being Weltino’s Magic, with whom she won Reserve National Champion at the 2008 Young Horse Championships.
Shannon and husband Steffen operate a 65-horse stable and busy training business in San Diego, CA, that caters to competition horses and riders.
Photos: Sheryl L Ross
Contact Name: Shannon Peters