Robin Murphy began showing cow horses in August of 2009. Only six months later she earned a world title – the 2009 National Reined Cow Horse Association Non Pro Limited World Championship. Her partner for the big-win is a 5-year-old gelding named Instantee, by Tejons Peppy Doc out of Suddenly Shiney.
“I’m in shock. Truly in shock – but that’s ok! I’ll take it,” Murphy said after her win. “I love to ride, but my first show was in Ardmore, Oklahoma in August. This is my adult dream. I wanted to learn and am still learning – but this is a gift to myself.”
Murphy and Instantee, nicknamed Tyson, won the class and $3,001 with a 434.5. The San Antonio, Texas, Non Pro took home a Bob’s Custom Saddle sponsored by Jackson Land & Cattle Company, a Gist Silversmiths buckle sponsored by Knight Haulers, Rios of Mercedes boots from Rios of Mercedes, a commemorative World Finals vest sponsored by Gist Silversmiths, a CR Morrison trophy and a CR Morrison commemorative medallion.
Amanda Johnson won the Reserve title on Joe Dual with a 430, winning $2,349. She also received a Gist Silversmiths buckle sponsored by Knight Haulers, custom spurs from Tom Balding Bits & Spurs, Rios of Mercedes boots from Rios of Mercedes, an ESP saddle pad from Classic Equine, a commemorative World Finals vest sponsored by Gist Silversmiths, and a CR Morrison commemorative medallion. Joe Dual is by Dual Pep out of Fran Olena.
2010 World Show (San Angelo, TX) — 01/30/2010 Non Pro Limited Finals COMPOSITE
Place Money Horse Sire Dam Rider Owner Rein Cow Total on 2
- 1 $3,001.50 Instantee Tejons Peppy Doc Suddenly Shiney Murphy;Robin Murphy;Robin 218.5 216.0 434.5
- 2 $2,349.00 Joe Dual Dual Pep Fran Olena Johnson;Amanda L. Johnson;Mark A 215.0 215.0 430.0
- 3 $1,957.50 Ricochet San Smart Lil Ricochet Peppy Pinata Von Uhlit;Carrie Von Uhlit;Lise 220.5 209.0 429.5
- 4 $1,435.50 King Ofthe Hen House Gallo Del Cielo Jacks Silver Light Smith;Cheryl Smith;Cheryl 216.0 211.0 427.0
- 5 $1,174.50 No Blu Aqui Masteroani San Bonita Peppy Bell;Amy Doris Bell;Amy Doris 212.0 213.0 425.0
- 6 $1,044.00 Pancho Lena Grays Starlight Dox Liz And Lena Stoltz;Susan Stoltz;Susan 204.0 220.0 424.0
- 7 $913.50 Chic N Miss Smart Chic Olena Miss N Suzana Mcbride;Allyson Mcbride;J E &/or Allyson 212.0 207.0 419.0
- 8 $652.50 Teninolena Chex Nu Chex To Cash Rondas Tio Hessian-Ruple;Deah Hessian-Ruple;Deah 196.5 218.5 415.0
- 9 $522.00 Miss Jay Glo Master Jay Band Of Glo Denney; Rhonda JC Paint Ranch 195.0 218.0 413.0
- 10 $0.00 Start Me A Tab Tangys Classy Peppy War Land Missy Brown;Sareece Yellow Creek Ranch 186.5 190.0 376.5
The National Reined Cow Horse Association, now in its 61st year, is the governing body of cow horse competition, is responsible for promoting the sport, insuring high standards of competition and educating members and the public about the history and tradition of the cow horse. Through the support of a Corporate Partner family that includes Markel Insurance Company, Wide World of Horses, John Deere, Adequan®, Bob's Custom Saddles, Cinch, Inc., Classic Equine, Gist Silversmiths, MD Barns, Platinum Performance, Inc., Nutrena, Quarter Horse News, Fort Dodge West Nile Innovator, Rios of Mercedes, Merial products ULCERGARD and EQUIOXX, Running W Designs, and the Silver Legacy Hotel, the association works to keep the vaquero tradition alive in today’s equine industry. For information on the National Reined Cow Horse Association, call 580-759-4949 or visit the NRCHA Official Web Site at www.nrcha.com