The 2003 Bayer/United States Equestrian Team (USET) Festival of Champions, Presented by State Line Tack, will host the USET Grand Prix Dressage Championship, June 19-22 at the USET Olympic Training Center in Gladstone, NJ.
To qualify for the Championship, rider/horse combinations had to compete in a series of qualifying events held throughout the country from September 2002 through June 1, 2003. Rider/horse combinations had to compete in at least two qualifying competitions riding the Grand Prix and Grand Prix Special in one qualifier and the Grand Prix and the Grand Prix Freestyle in another qualifier.
The following are the top twelve qualified horse-and-rider combinations for the Championship:
- Leslie Morse - Kingston - Beverly Hills, CA
- Shelly Francis - Gala - Woodstock, VT
- Cheri Reiber - G Tudor - Toronto, ON, CAN
- Michael Barisone - Safir - Long Valley, NJ
- Jan Brons - Fernando - Wellington, FL
- Susan Dutta - Gumshoes DC - Thornwood, NY
- Pamela Goodrich - Melville - Boscawen, NH
- Susan Dutta - Chalston DC - Thornwood, NY
- James Armstrong - Gustaaf - Glyndon, MD
- Carol Plough - Komo - Riverside, CA
- Leigh Cochran - Jack - Woodinville, WA
- Anne Gribbons - Aureate - Brentwood, NY