Your horse may be one of your most important possessions, but it can also be your biggest liability. Individual horse owners place themselves and their assets at risk every time their horse comes in contact with people. Equine-related lawsuits occur more frequently than you may think. And many homeowners’ policies limit this type of equine liability coverage or exclude it altogether. Policy is limited for up to 10 equine animals.
For more than 10 horses, see our commercial equine liability application. For the personal attention you deserve contact Mary Phelps, a Markel Equine Insurance Specialist - 800-572-3286 - cell/text 859-940-8517 - email@example.com. We are available on the scene, on the road, on the net, and in the office to answer your questions, help you with your applications, and be your direct connection to our Markel Underwriters.
- Bodily Injury & Property Damage done by a named horse, on or off premises
- Available for horses, donkeys and mules for personal and/or show use
- Coverage applies on or off premises anywhere in the U.S., Canada, and U.S. territories
- Limits of $300,000 to $1 million available
- General Liability Aggregate limits are 3 times the liability per occurrence limit
- Medical Payments $5,000 included
- Can be combined with your Mortality policy
- International Liability (covers horses taken outside the continental U.S. to specified countries for shows, exhibitions, etc.)
- Can include competition pulling horses
- Excess Liability (with limits up to $10 million)
NOTE: Not all coverages are available in all states. Markel is admitted in all 50 states, and is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, Inc.
Questions? No problem
For the personal attention you deserve contact Mary Phelps, a Markel Equine Insurance Specialist
We are available on the scene, on the road, on the net, and in the office to answer your questions, help you with your applications, and be your direct connection to our Markel Underwriters. We work hard at this process so you don't have to. The application process does not have to be a daunting task. We are here to make it easy, so you can spend time with your horse.