Wellington, FL - The 2016 Asheville Regional Airport Wellington Eventing Showcase, presented by Wellington Equestrian Realty, will be held on February 5-6 at Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC). Twenty-two top Eventing riders from four countries will compete in this three-phase competition for $75,000 in prize money.
In the inaugural year of the event, Boyd Martin (USA) and Trading Aces took home top honors in what was then the $50,000 Wellington Eventing Showcase. This year, with increased prize money, the stakes are even higher for the 35 participating horse and rider combination, as many pairs will use the event as a first prep run for a spring CCI 4* event, the highest distinction of international eventing. Returning champion Martin will ride two horses in the event, Blackfoot Mystery and Welcome Shadow.
Competition will begin with a dressage test ride at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, February 5; the first rider will enter the ring at 8:30 a.m. Dressage competition hosted in the Global International Ring will continue through 2:00 p.m. Show jumping will begin at 9:30 a.m. in the Global International Ring on Saturday, February 6, in the reverse order of standings from the dressage phase. The final phase, cross-country, will start at 1:00 p.m, with combinations riding in reverse order of standings after dressage and show jumping. They will be contesting a course designed by Captain Mark Phillips and built by Eric Bull.
An autograph signing session with riders will be open to the public following the conclusion of competition on the vendor deck above the Global International Ring. The top three riders will join the session after the awards ceremony and press conference. Complimentary posters will be available for signing.
The 2016 Asheville Regional Airport Wellington Eventing Showcase, presented by Wellington Equestrian Realty, will offer limited-edition merchandise available for purchase throughout the event, both on-site and online, including a bundle package with a t-shirt, baseball hat, and poster. Orders can be placed at https://pbiec.coth.com/page/eventing-merchandise#top.
Please find the full horse and rider combination entry list below.
- Jennie Brannigan - USA - Aspire R
- Jennie Brannigan - USA - Catalina
- Hannah Sue Burnett - USA - Cooley Dream
- Kyle Carter - CAN - Madison Park
- Kyle Carter - CAN - FR's Trust Fund
- Buck Davidson - USA - Carlevo
- Buck Davidson - USA - Ballynoe Castle RM
- Phillip Dutton - USA - Fernhill Cubalawn
- Phillip Dutton - USA - Fernhill Fugitive
- Liz Halliday - Sharp - USA - HHS Cooley
- Sinead Halpin - USA - Grey Area
- Sinead Halpin - USA - Manoir de Carneville
- Daniel Jocelyn - NZL - Win the War
- Daniel Jocelyn - NZL - Devil Munchkin
- Alexandra Knowles - USA - Sound Prospect
- Sara Kozumplik Murphy - USA - Catchascatchcan
- Marilyn Little - USA - RF Demeter
- Boyd Martin - USA - Welcome Shadow
- Boyd Martin - USA - Blackfoot Mystery
- Joe Meyer - NZL - Clip Clop
- Joe Meyer - NZL - South Paw
- Selena O'Hanlon - CAN - Foxwood High
- Doug Payne - USA - Vandiver
- Jessica Phoenix - CAN - Bentley's Best
- Jessica Phoenix - CAN - A Little Romance
- Michael Pollard - USA - Boris O'Hara
- Tim Price - NZL - Clasico Z
- Tim Price - NZL - Novelle
- Colleen Rutledge - USA - Escot 6
- Colleen Rutledge - Covert Rights
- Allison Springer - USA - Arthur
- Allison Springer - USA - Cascani
- Erin Sylvester - USA - Mettraise
- Lynn Symansky - USA - Donner
- Ryan Wood - AUS - Woodstock Bennett
For more information, ride times, and results for the 2016 Asheville Regional Airport Wellington Eventing Showcase, presented by Wellington Equestrian Realty, please visit or www.pbiec.com.