Olivia LaGoy-Weltz (USA) and Rassing's Lonoir had another beautiful performance giving them two wins so far in the Week 9 FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, presented by Everglades Dressage at the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival in the Small Tour presented by Peacock Ridge. The duo continues to add solid scores to their resume as they work towards a run at the Pan American Games later this summer. The pair received a 72.711% in a very competitive class to take first with Kimberly Herslow (USA) and Rosmarin in second with a 71.553% and Tina Konyot (USA) and Wyoming in third with a 71.026% for yet another American sweep. "Everyday is about evaluating what type of horse you have. He really thrives in the hot weather, which is odd. It's like he's a Bikram horse. He finds his zen in the hotter weather," joked LaGoy-Weltz when describing the routine she uses to determine the type of ride is appropriate for "Lono".
"I didn't have him quite as boxed in today as I had him on Wednesday night and that's the challenge. Everyday he needs a different ride, and it's my job to figure out how to accomplish that."
Click for the video of Olivia and Rassing's Lonoir. (Video courtesy of Campfield Videos.)
Kimberly Herslow is coming off of an extremely strong outing at AGDF 7, where she swept the entire Small Tour. "We're in the process of figuring out how to push for more and go for those scores but also keep it together," commented Herslow. "You really have to ride each moment for what it is and stay in that groove and be able to create what you want."
Competition at AGDF continues tomorrow with the special Derby class that will begin at 11 am in the International Ring followed by the FEI Intermediaire 1 Freestyle CDI-W, presented by Peacock Ridge. For more information on Adequan® Global Dressage Festival, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results for FEI CDI-W Intermediaire 1 presented by Peacock Ridge
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total%
1. Olivia LaGoy-Weltz (USA), Rassing's Lonoir, 2004 Danish Warmblood gelding owned by rider, De Noir x Lorani x Loran: 73.684%, 73.158%, 70.921%, 72.500%, 73.289%, 72.711%
2. Kimberly Herslow (USA), Rosmarin, 2005 Hanoverian gelding owned by rider, Rosentanz x Hauptstutbuch Wolkentaenzerin x Weltmeyer: 72.368%, 69.868%, 71.974%, 71.842%, 71.711%, 71.553%
3. Tina Konyot (USA), Wyoming, 2001 Hanoverian gelding owned by Bruce Grivetti, Weltmyer x Donna Clara x Donnerhall: 72.368%, 71.842%, 70.000%, 69.474%, 71.447%, 71.026%
4. Shelly Francis (USA), Rubino, 2006 Westphalian gelding owned by Patricia Stempel, Roh Magic x Patrizia x Philipo: 71.053%, 72.105%, 71.316%, 66.579%, 70.263%, 70.263%
5. Charlotte Jorst (USA), Kastels Adventure, 2005 Dutch Warmblood gelding owned by Kastel Denmark, Special D x Sunette S x Mondriaan: 70.526%, 68.553%, 71.711%, 68.684%, 69.737%, 69.842
6. Silva Martin (USA), Aesthete, 2005 Dutch Warmblood gelding owned by Faye Woolf, Trento B x Unusual x Gribaldi: 68.947%, 69.0795%, 70.658%, 69.474%, 70.526%, 69.737%,
7. Christilot Boylen (CAN), Donatella 79, 2005 Oldenburg mare owned by Jill Irving, De Niro x Weidenkatatchen x Canastal: 67.632%, 70.526% 69.474%, 70.263%, 70.658%, 69.711%
8. Tina Irwin (CAN), Fancy That, 2006 Oldenburg mare owned by Christine Faux, Donerschwee x Feiherr x Falaise: 67.763%, 71.184%, 70.263%, 68.947%, 69.737%, 69.579%
About the Adequan Global Dressage Festival:
The Adequan Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) is one of the world's largest international and national dressage circuits featuring 7 FEI Dressage events, including a 5* and the only FEI Nations' Cup Series CDIO in the Western Hemisphere. The AGDF offers more than $650,000 in prize money for the seven international competitions, making it one of the richest circuits in the world. The Stadium at Palm Beach International Equestrian Center facility includes the Van Kampen covered arena (made possible by Kimberly and Frederic Boyer and family) and four outdoor arenas with world-class footing, 200 permanent stalls, and a VIP seating area.