It’s true and you’ve heard it here. Norman is officially being retired – or at least Charlotte Dujardin’s Norman who she has taken around the world with her. She’s decided it’s time and the occasion of his retirement was announced after she achieved yet another Gold Medal victory at the Alltech World Equestrian Games 2014 in Normandy.
A beautiful day was the perfect setting for Charlotte to continue to showcase the talented horse Valegro. Although she admitted he was tired she also said that he stepped up to the plate and gave her everything he had for her final bow at these Games.
She leaves the Games with two Gold medals, a team Silver and a huge smile on her face. And with that final bow and of course Norman’s retirement, Dressage has ended at Stade D’Ornano arena.
But the action continues with an exciting day of Cross-Country on August 30th which is bound to bring another huge crowd. In fact, the 15 riders who competed in the Grand Prix Freestyle performed in front of filled stands and an electrified crowd.
They witnessed Norman with Charlotte as she received her medal and even as she took her victory lap. And there Norman was again in the Press Conference patiently awaiting his promised retirement.
Here are the results of today’s freestyle:
Results, Freestyle Grand Prix
- Charlotte Dujardin/Valegro (GBR) 92.161%
- Helen Langehanenberg/Damon Hill NRW (GER) 88.286%
- Adelinde Cornelissen/Jerich Parzival N.O.P. (NED) 85.714%
- Kristina Sprehe/Desperados FRH (GER) 83.125%
- Laura Graves/Verdades (USA) 82.036%
- Victoria Max-Theurer/Augustin Old (AUT) 81.036%
- Tinne Vilhelmson Silfven/Don Auriello (SWE) 80.375%
- Michael Elberg/Half Moon Delphi (GBR) 79.696%
- Anna Kasprzak/Donnperignon (DEN) 78.929%
- Stefan Peters/Legolas 92 (USA) 77.321%
- Diederik van Silfhout/Arlando NH N.O.P. (NED) 77.286%
- Carl Hester/Nip Tuck (GBR) 76.589%
- Natalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein/Digby (DEN) 76.143%
- Hans Peter Minderhoud/Glock's Johnson TN (NED) 75.554%
- Morgan Barbancon/Painted Black (ESP) 74.393%