DressageTrainingOnLine.comhas done it again. Travelling the world owner Resia Bonnetti has just uploaded nine new valuable training videos featuring valuable training tools and lessons from some of the worlds' leading dressage riders and trainers. So keep your training moving forward by becoming a member today and views the following: Catherine Haddad explains the use of the double bridle in training the young dressage horse. Martin Schaudt (GER) demonstrates strengthening the hind end thru many various exercises. Bundeschampionate qualified mare. This is a nice video for those focusing on canter pirouettes and half steps. Katrin Bettenworth (GER), rides a Bundeschampionate qualified mare, focusing on canter pirouettes and half steps. Hilda Gurney explains several differelnt levels in a varies of videos, and Courtney King-Dyes shows creating a more pure trot, less passage like.
In 2009 Catherine was ranked 7th in the Western European League. Catherine rode for the US Team at the World Equestrian Festival in Aachen, 2009 in addition to numerous other international starts. Catherine Haddad represented the USA in the 2007 Rolex World Cup in Las Vegas, Nevada. In 2006, as a member of the US Team she was named reserve rider for the USEF at the World Equestrian Games...she has lived and trained in Germany for the last 10 years, out of barn in Vechta.
New Video-5 yr. old, 3rd/M Level
- This video is focused on lifting the neck and elevating the topline without getting the neck to curl. Catherine explains her use of the double bridle on this young horse as a tool to help train the flying changes. Catherine explains how she used the double to help keep the horse from jumping too far up in the change, coming down onto the forehand with the croup high. The double allowed her to use less hand by not having to use the bridle to get him back up after landing on the bit after the change. They also focus on elevating the topline, getting the counter canter you "really" want and schooling a bigger more expressive trot.
2 time German Olympian. 2 time winner of German National Dressage Championships. Competitor multiple year, European Dressage Championships. In 1996 Martin was a member of the German team at the Olympic Games in Atlanta.
- New Video-5 yr. old, 2nd/L Level
You can see throughout the video the focus on strengthening the hind end thru many various exercises. A barometer to strive for with your own young horse. (This video is in German, English translation available Nov. 15th, 2009.)
Katrin Bettenworth,Pferdewirtschaftsmeisterin, has achieved more than 150 wins in Klasse S (Advanced) Dressage. As a German Grand Prix trainer and competitor she has taught clinics all over Europe, including Spain, Italy, Denmark and England. Katrin has trained many horses from the lower levels to the Grand Prix including three horses that competed in the World Equestrian Games in Aachen, Germany, 2006.
- New Video- 7 yr. old, Level S/PSG
Bundeschampionate qualified mare. This is a nice video for those focusing on canter pirouettes and half steps. Katrin uses a very relaxed warm up moving quickly to canter which Katrin believes is most important in the training, explaining that everything else is much easier once the control and brilliance is accessed in the canter. Watch Katrin as she schools the half passes, which she uses to engage the hind leg so she can go immediately into half steps and passage work. She uses her voice, does not sit heavy and works for a very short time in a very relaxed and playful manner to get her horse she willingly work for her.
Hilda Gurney, FEI O Judge-USA
2 time Olympian, 9 time Pan American gamer, USEF S Judge, FEI I Judge, trainer, rider and breeder.
- New Video-2-4/L Level Test with movement by movement scores and commentary. (cick here for a sample clip of this video) Commentary, movement by movement to this nicely ridden second level test. Hilda ends with overall scores in each category.
- New Video- 1-4/E Level Test with movement by movement scores and commentary.
In depth commentary and scores on a movement by movement basis to this well ridden first level test.
- New Video-7 yr. old, I1/S Level
- This video addresses how to deal with a horse with a nice canter, that has a slight tendency to climb in the flying changes and canter pirouettes. Hilda addresses this with the rider and has her apply different aids to decrease the climb.
- New Video-The Double Bridle
Why use the double? Different rein holds are shown and explained.
Courtney King-Dye most recently represented the USA in the 2008 Bejing Olympics. Additionally she represented the USA in the 2007 Rolex World Cup in Las Vegas, Nevada. Courtney works and trains on the East Coast.
- New Video-GP/S Level
One of the focuses of this video is on creating a more pure trot, less passage like. They then change the focus to bettering the piaffe, passage and pirouettes.
- New Video-4th/S Level
Super video for riders of all levels, focusing on should in, half pass and the importance of getting the proper bend in all of your work.