Oklahoma City, Okla.- Looking to sell a horse? Bring it to the National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) / Markel Insurance Futurity Sale! The NRHA / Markel Insurance Futurity Sales are the prime place to consign reining horses for sale. It’s held with the largest reining event in the world – the NRHA Futurity. New for 2015, NRHA is adding a Production section to the Marketplace Sale on Thursday, December 3.
This unique venue gives consignors access to a diverse group of buyers, and it’s the one sale everyone is still talking about where to find reining horses in a world-class facility. More information about the sale, as well as the one place to download forms is available at nrha.com/sales.
Please note a few important reminders for 2015:
- Sale Consignment Deadline is September 1!
- Videos and Photos for Futurity Prospect and Select Yearling Consignments due September 1 (digital files preferred)
- All NRHA Sire and Dam Offspring are eligible to consign to the Futurity Sales All Consignment forms must have original breed paper(s) and signed transfer(s) if deducting consignment fees from sale proceeds
- Digital Radiographs must be provided on all 2-year-olds that are accepted into the Futurity Prospect Sale and all yearlings accepted into the Select Yearling Sale. Digital Radiographs must be provided on all yearlings, 2-year-olds and riding horses consigned to the Marketplace Sale
- Two-year-olds that are consigned to and are sold in the 2015 NRHA/Markel Futurity Prospect Sale (“graduates”) will be eligible to compete for an additional payout during the NRHA Futurity!
All forms and checklists are available at nrha.com/sales
Updated Sale Schedule:
- Marketplace Sale – Thursday, December 3 at 8:30 a.m. NEW for 2015! Production section! Learn more below!
- Futurity Prospect Sale Preview – Thursday, December 3 at 4 p.m.
- Futurity Sales Dinner – Friday, December 4 at 5 p.m.
- Futurity Prospect Sale – Friday, December 4 at 6 p.m.
- Select Yearling Sale – Saturday, December 5 at 9 a.m. Saturday’s sale will be only for a select group of yearlings
The Production section of the Marketplace Sale is a new, special section where breeders can sell two yearlings at a time in the Sale Arena! The highest bid gets the first pick, and the second yearling will sell immediately following. Only available to eligible to breeders who consign more than 10 horses.
For questions about deadlines, consignment fees, commissions and pass out fees, visit nrha.com/sales or contact Tiffany Gonzales at (405) 946-7400. Interested parties are also welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 Sale Statistics:
- Prospect: $225,000 high seller – $43,760 average
- Select Yearling: $112,000 high seller – $21,310 average
- Marketplace: $23,000 high seller – $6,100 average
The long-standing Corporate Partner Markel Insurance largely supports NRHA’s Sales. Markel Insurance has continued their support for more than 20 years with NRHA. Known for providing immediate 24-hour “Fall of the Hammer” mortality coverage to sale consignments, Markel is proud to be a sponsor of the NRHA/Markel Insurance Futurity Sales, which include the Select Yearling Sale, Marketplace Sale and Futurity Prospect Sale. Markel has expanded to “Global Partner” status with going international in supporting the NRHA European Futurity, Derby and Affiliate Championships.
For more information visit nrha.com/sales