If you perform any of these activities on rented or owned premises, you need a Commercial Equine Liability policy, even if you have other coverage that protects you for general liability exposures. This coverage is designed specifically for all types of horse-related businesses, such as: boarding, breeding, racing, training, riding instruction, horse sales, horse shows, clinics, personal/pleasure horses and team roping/penning practices. We also have coverage for independent horse trainers and riding instructors.
Markel Coverage Highlights
- Liability limits of $300,000 to $1 million are available for Bodily Injury and Property Damage
- General Liability Aggregate limits are 3 times the liability per occurrence limit
- Commercial general liability coverage applies on and off premises in the U.S, Canada, and U.S. territories
- Fire Legal liability up to $100,000 at no charge (in most states)
- Medical payments up to $5,000
- Limited professional liability coverage for trainers, riding instructors and clinicians
- Personal/Advertising Injury included
- Products/completed operations included
- No liability deductible
- Defense cost paid in excess of policy limit
- Limited Athletic Participants coverage included
Care, Custody and Control – a “must” if you care for someone else’s horse
DressageDaily's Mary Phelps (email@example.com) is a Markel Equine Insurance Specialist and CSR Tracey Scharf (firstname.lastname@example.org) provide the personal attention needed to help make the lives of their clients smooth and easy when it comes to the process of insuring your Farm, business and equine mortality needs. While Mary travels to the shows and barns, you can count on Tracey in the office to be available to answer questions and manage the details with ease. 1-800-572-3286.