When your business is the target of a lawsuit, money isn’t the only thing that’s at stake. Your reputation is on the line, too. Markel insurance professionals have years of experience handling equine liability claims. They’ll ensure that a claim against you is resolved fairly, with consideration for all parties involved. Equine liability insurance is indispensable for anyone with a horse-related business. In today’s litigious society, protection against liability claims is an utmost necessity.
Our Markel "Quick Quote" will take about 15 minutes of your time. We work hard at this process so you don't have to. The application process can sometimes be a daunting task, and we are here to make it easy, so you can spend time with your horses and clients. For the personal attention you deserve contact Mary Phelps, a Markel Equine Insurance Specialist - 800-572-3286 - cell/text 859-940-8517 - firstname.lastname@example.org. We are available on the scene, on the road, on the net, and in the office to answer your questions, help you with your applications, and be your direct connection to our Markel Underwriters.
Even with waivers and state laws designed to limit or control liabilities, commercial equine operations are vulnerable. And win or lose, a lawsuit will cost you something. That’s why if you...
- board, breed, race or train horses
- give riding instruction
- conduct these activities on rented premises
- own an equine facility protected by property insurance, but not liability insurance
...you need Markel’s Commercial Equine Liability coverage.
Equine Boarding, Breeding, Riding Instruction, Training & Racing Facilities, Horse Shows & Sales
Coverage & Limits Highlights
- Liability limits of $300,000 to $1 million
- General Liability Aggregate limits are 3 times the liability per occurrence limit
- Commercial general liability coverage applies on and off premises in the U.S, Canada, and U.S. territories
- Provides Bodily Injury and Property Damage limits
- Fire Legal liability $100,000 at no charge (in most states)
- Medical payments $5,000
- Limited professional liability coverage for horse, riding instructors and clinicians
- Personal/Advertising Injury included
- Products/completed operations included
- No liability deductible
- Defense cost paid in excess of policy limit
- ATV/Golf Cart coverage available for equine operations
- Participants coverage for horse shows
- 10% liability credit for approved national association memberships
Other Optional Coverages
- Owned Tack & Saddlery
- Excess & Umbrella Liability (with limits up to $10 million)
- International Liability (covers horses taken outside the continental U.S. to specified countries for shows, exhibitions, etc.)
Care, Custody & Control Coverage
Owning your own horse is a significant emotional and financial investment. Accepting the responsibility of caring for someone else’s cherished and valuable animal is also
no small task. And since standard insurers don’t fully understand the risks you undertake when caring for the horses of others, most general liability policies don’t include this special coverage. That’s why the extra protection of Markel’s optional Care, Custody & Control (CCC) coverage is so important. With CCC, you’re covered if an animal in your care is injured, becomes ill or dies, and you are found negligent. This does not apply to horses you own or lease. Mortality insurance is designed for those needs. CCC provides:
- Defense and court costs for litigation, and payment for judgements up to the aggregate policy amount (per animal limit applies)
- $10,000 liability limit for non-owned horse equipment
- No deductible applies
- Available by endorsement to your General Liability or Farm policy
NOTE: Not all coverages are available in all states. Markel is admitted in all 50 states, and is rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, Inc.
Questions? No problem
For the personal attention you deserve contact Mary Phelps, a Markel Equine Insurance Specialist
We are available on the scene, on the road, on the net, and in the office to answer your questions, help you with your applications, and be your direct connection to our Markel Underwriters. We work hard at this process so you don't have to. The application process does not have to be a daunting task. We are here to make it easy, so you can spend time with your horses and clients.