Mill Spring, NC - Mark Bluman of Lexington, KY, finished the final day of the Tryon Summer Series at Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) with a win aboard Cumulet, owned by Stransky's Mission Farms, Inc, in the $15,000 Under 25 Grand Prix. The duo finished in 44.632 seconds to beat out David Blake of Wellington, FL, aboard Baron, who stopped the clock at 46.038 seconds. Hayley Iannotti of Wellington, FL, and Carlos G took home third-place honors with four faults, crossing the timers in 50.238 seconds.
Bluman, who competes internationally for the nation of Colombia, has had an incredibly successful stay at TIEC, which will be Stranksy's Mission Farms northern home base. Bluman piloted two mounts through the Manuel Esparza (MEX) designed course, but finished atop the class with Cumulet, a relatively new ride for him the barn. "It was a really fair course for the amount of people in the class I thought. There was almost half clear in the class, which is what I was expecting. It was a nice class and it was really good for young horses, ones that are coming up through the levels," said Bluman.
"Both of the horses I had in the class are stepping up. Cumulet just got here from Europe three weeks ago, so this is one of our first classes together and I'm really happy with how he handled himself today." Purchased as an investment horse by Stransky's Mission Farms, Inc., Bluman thinks the 2007 Dutch Warmblood gelding (King Kolibri x Sonnette) may have more of a long-term place in the barn as he has the scope and bravery to make it to the very top. "This was a great class for him and it suited him so well. I think it's time for us to keep him for a while and try to get as much as I can out of him because he's really talented and I think he can go all the way," he explained. "He's already jumping this height and he's only eight-years-old, which I think is really impressive and I want to work with that going into the rest of the season."
Using TIEC as a home base for the summer has helped to improve and educate Bluman's talented string of horses, as the opportunities are endless in terms of experience and exposure at the venue. "Being here has been great for us. The FEI weeks are a great fit for the horses that don't go to Spruce Meadows or to Europe because we have an incredible venue to continue competing in the international classes," he commented.
"It's been great to get some FEI ranking points and we've been supporting this show since the beginning. We came last fall when it first opened and I said to my boss that we needed to build a farm here and base here because there were so many opportunities. I think that, at the end of the day, this is going to be the place to be in terms of competitions in the U.S." In his young but successful career, Bluman has high expectations for where he would like to be in the coming months, "My goal right now is to keep stepping up. We have a lot of new but extremely talented horses in the barn and that's what I've always hoped to have. I'd like to produce as many good results as I can and with these horses, there's a lot of potential to do that," he said.
Bluman is always quick to thank his owners, investors, sponsors and hardworking team for their continued support, "I always have to thank Stransky's Mission Farms for giving me this opportunity. We have an incredible team and results like this wouldn't be possible without everything they do for us on a daily basis."
Final Results for $15,000 Under 25 Grand Prix:
1. CUMULET, 2007 Dutch Warmblood gelding by King Kolibri x Sonnette MARK BLUMAN, Lexington, KY, Stransky's Mission Farms, Inc: 0/0/44.632
2. BARON, 2006 Dutch Warmblood gelding by Ukato x Vera Van Veecaten DAVID BLAKE, Wellington, FL, Pine Hollow Farm: 0/0/46.038
3. CARLOS G, 2006 Oldenburg gelding HAYLEY IANNOTTI, Wellington, FL, Pumpkin's Patch Farm, LLC: 0/4/50.238
4. CRACKY Z, 1999 Zangersheide stallion by Caretano Z x Raissa Z CHRISTI ISRAEL, Ocala, FL, Christi Israel: 0/4/58.433
5. MAN IN BLACK, 2002 Dutch Warmblood gelding by Gentleman x Silvana ANDRE MERSHAD, New Albany, OH, Mershad Stables, LLC: 0/8/47.527
6. TRUE BLUE, 2007 Selle Francais mare by Mr Blue x Neika Du Talus BROOKE KENNEDY, Greenwood Village, CO, Brooke Kennedy: 8/75.969
7. JAGGER, 2002 Westphalian gelding by Baldini II x Flyingstar CLAYTON RUSSELL, Columbus, NC, Greer Hindle: 8/81.388
8. COPA CABANA, 2007 Dutch Warmblood gelding by Cartano x Robijn MARK BLUMAN, Lexington, KY, Stransky's Mission Farms, Inc: 8/82.663
For more information on TIEC and a full list of results please visit www.tryon.com