At our last horse business webinar, we discussed the importance of putting holidays on your calendar. Not only does this help you remember to take a day off every now and then, but holidays are a great time to show your clients, barn help, friends and family that you care. If you are looking for something special that is affordable (both in time and money) you might consider making something like this video card I made for my nieces. OK, so if you are thinking that there is no way you have time to make a video, let alone spend the money to add graphics and music... think again.
Let me tell you how I made this video in less than 20 minutes, without a camera and for absolutely free.
- I went to my sister's Facebook page and copied pictures of my sweet nieces. (I have her permission)
- Went to www.Animoto.com and set up a free account (We discuss this site in "Equestrian Professional's Guide to YouTube" )
- Selected the Valentine Theme that I liked best - Then chose the free 30 second edition (You can do a lot with 30 seconds)
- Uploaded the pictures and arranged them in the order I liked best
- Chose the music from Animoto's free music library
- Clicked a button to produce the video
- Animoto sent me an email giving me a bunch of different choices for how to share the video
So there you go. If you like, you can also get a paid version of Animoto that will remove Animoto's branding and enable you to make longer videos etc. Whichever you decide to use, videos like this are inexpensive to make. Still, their value is priceless because they show you care. They are also a great way to congratulate your clients on their progress and support them in staying motivated to achieve their goals.
Goal setting and motivation are critical for equestrian sports success. If you want to learn more about goal setting and motivation be sure to register for next week's horse business webinar "Equestrian Goal Setting Strategies for Horse Professionals"
Members and Future Members of Equestrian Professional
One of the most important benefits of being a member of EP is that we understand how different the horse business is from mainstream businesses. Our members gain access to a proven system and collection of tools and resources specifically for professional equestrians that help you to unify your equestrian career and business goals so that you are able to build both a successful career and a profitable business.