The Kentucky Classic CDE is an event not to miss. Held at the Kentucky Horse Park, it's sure to be a great weekend for equine sports. Not only will spectators see local and regional competitor but they will see athletes from all over the country as the event will host the USEF 2015 National Four-In Hand Championships.
In 2011 when the Kentucky Classic first started the event was honored to use the marathon obstacles that had been designed and built the year before, for the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games. Every year the marathon course incorporates those obstacles but it also includes several specially built obstacles near the event’s beautiful grass arena at the Kentucky Horse Park.The daily schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, Oct. 1, at 9:30 a.m.: the official horse/pony inspection, for Advanced-level competitors only.
- 1:00 p.m.: Advanced-level dressage.
- Friday, Oct. 2, starting at 9:00 a.m.: Intermediate- and Preliminary-level dressage.
- Saturday, Oct. 3, starting at 9:30 a.m.: the marathon.
- Sunday, Oct. 4, starting at 9:30 a.m.: the cones competition, with awards ceremonies following each class.
Officials for the 2015 KY Classic are:
- Nikke Palsson (Sweden)
- Marsoe LaRose (Canada)
- Martha Nicoll (USA)
- The technical delegate will be Jeannie Lane (Great Britain).
For more information visit kentuckyclassiccde.com/