Check out the free giveaway drawing with purchase at the IHS Champions Cup CDI *** this weekend.
International Dressage Rider and Trainer Kathy Connelly headlined the March 8, 2011 shoclothes Shop Talk. Her talk on How to Solve Mouth and Tongue Problems with Proper Bridle Fitting was pre- sented to a standing room only crowd. Kathy produced numerous diagrams that illustrated the relationship between head and mouth anatomy and the fitting of bits and bridles for the horse’s comfort. As with previous Shop Talks, the evening was so successful that the audience did not want to leave!
Some of Kathy’s best tips included:
- The horse’s neck should be conformationally set on correctly to enablethe horse to be ridden through his back to the poll and bit.
- A horse must be long enough in his poll and open enough in the throat latch to have the ease to accept the bit.
- In considering the conformation of the horse’s mouth for fitting bits, it is better to have a higher palate than a flat palate, the diastem- the height between the upper and lower jaw- is significant in fitting a bit properly and their must be ample room for the tongue to be comfortably relaxed as a cushion in the lower jaw.
- The bit is only as strong as it is used. It should be a friendly training deice not a weapon. If you make the bit a nice place to go the horse will go there.
- The size of the horse’s tongue is also important as it acts as a cushion.
Kathy Connelly Products -
Kathy also presented her Kathy Connelly Performance Products for the bridle which will soon be available Internationally. They are durable, washable and have been tested for two years before being produced to the market and have helped to solve many tongue and mouth problems.
To find out more please contact Kathy Connelly at: email@example.com.
Door Prizes Winners:
Ralph Hodges - Mary Ellen Sencer - www.SaddleTrailRealty.com
Evelyn Parkes - Back On Track
Olivia LaGoy Welts - Doug Hundt - www.SaddleTrailRealty.com
Kelley O’Shea Duncan - Kentucky Saddle Pad
Door Prizes Winners:
Saddle Trail Realty, Back on Track, Kentucky
Special Thank You to GCDA for their contribution!
“Shop Talk,” a monthly gathering of equestrians, is presented by Sho Clothes at their Wellington dressage retail location. It is held in association with the Gold Coast Dressage Association. “We thoroughly enjoy hosting ‘Shop Talk’ each month,” Hundt said. “We host incredible speakers and each Shop Talk audience enjoys the plethora of information presented.”
Sho Clothes is located at 3220 Fairlane Farms Road in Wellington, Florida. They specialize in top dressage clothing, accessories & gifts and they have become THE dressage store for riders from around the world. Sho Clothes features a wide variety of the finest dressage riding apparel, horse-related gifts, jewelry and many accessories. And the mobile boutique is fully-stocked, appearing at many of the top Florida Dressage shows.
Sho Clothes is an authorized dealer for Pikeur, Cavallo, Kentucky, Kingsland, Back on Track & more. We stock the latest dressage fashions and proudly represent these top brands. For more information on Sho Clothes or “Shop Talk,” visit www.shoclothes.com or call Michele at 561-319-2121.