Ottawa, ON—Jump Canada has announced the Long List of candidates in consideration for the Canadian Show Jumping Team at the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games taking place September 25 to October 10 in Lexington, KY.
In alphabetical order, the riders and horses are:
Athlete Hometown Horse Owner
- John Anderson Calgary, AB Terrific Foxdale Farm Inc.
- Yann Candele Caledon, ON Pitareusa Susan Grange
- Mac Cone King City, ON Ole Sara Houstoun and Larry Evoy
- Jill Henselwood Oxford Mills, ON Special Ed Juniper Farms Bottom Line Bradon Construction
- Eric Lamaze Schomberg, ON Hickstead Torrey Pines and Ashland Stables Ronaldo Ashland Stables
- Ian Millar Perth, ON In Style Susan Grange and Lothlorien Farm Star Power Team Works
- Jonathon Millar Perth, ON Contino 14 Millar Brooke Farm
- John Pearce Bermuda Dunes, CA Son of a Gun Forest View Farm Chianto Alison Moore
- Keean White Acton, ON Celena Z Angelstone Farms and the Ashland Group Bethsabee Elm Rock LLC and Angelstone Farms
The Jump Canada High Performance Committee, comprised of Terrance Millar, Chair, Laura Balisky, Alan Chesler, Mark Laskin, and Mark Samuel, will choose the final five athletes who will be named to the Canadian Show Jumping Team by September 29, 2010.
“We face challenges due to the injuries of some of our top horses, but we have a strong rider base,” said Terrance Millar, who also acts as chef d'équipe of the Canadian Show Jumping Team. “I am confident that we will put together five horse and rider combinations that will be competitive.”
“Given Hickstead’s current form, Eric Lamaze has to be considered as one of the front runners in the race to become the 2010 World Champion,” added Millar.
The Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games act as the World Championships for the eight equestrian disciplines of dressage, driving, endurance, eventing, para-dressage, jumping, reining and vaulting. Held for the first time outside of Europe, the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games will take place at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY, from September 25 to October 10, 2010.
For more information about the World Equestrian Games, please visit www.alltechfeigames.com.
About Jump Canada
Jump Canada is the committee of Equine Canada responsible for all hunter, equitation and jumper activities in Canada from the grass roots to the international level. Jump Canada is governed by a board, the majority of whose members are elected by the stakeholders in the sport. For more information regarding Jump Canada programs and activities, visit http://www.equinecanada.ca/jumpcanada.
About Equine Canada
Equine Canada is Canada’s national governing body for equestrianism. A member-driven, charitable institution, it is the executive branch of the Canadian Equestrian Team, and the national authority for equestrian competition; the national voice for recreational riders; and the national association for equine welfare, breeding, and industry. Equine Canada is recognised by the Government of Canada, the International Equestrian Federation (FEI), and the Canadian Olympic Committee as the national organisation representing equestrian sport and equine interests. For more information about Equine Canada, please visit www.equinecanada.ca.
Photo: John Anderson and Terrific, Flying Horse 2010