11 countries starting in the first indoor show jumping competition of the season
35 foreign riders and 37 French ones will compete in the first indoor 3 stars show jumping of this Autumn. Representing 11 countries (Belgium, Colombia, Germany, Great-Britain, Ireland, Israel, Netherlands, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland and France), they will run after 100,000€ of prizes, dispatched in 9 classes (32,000€ in the Grand Prix). This year, Saint-Lô organizes a new 1 star competition on another sand arena, which brings to more than 120 the number of riders in the capital of French Sport Horses.
Back from Lexington
4 riders will just be back from the World Equestrian Games in Lexington (USA): the team silver medallists Pénélope Leprévost and Patrice Delaveau, for France, and the Spanish team members Pilar Lucrecia Cordon Muro (the winner of Saint-Lo's Grand Prix 2009) and Manuel Anon. A press meeting will take place with Pénélope and Patrice on Friday 6:00pm at the end of the first Grand Prix qualification.
Laura Renwick (GBR) and Simon Delestre (FRA) in good shape
Even if Pénélope Leprévost, Patrice Delaveau and Pilar Lucrecia Cordon Muro will be the front-runners, some riders could surprise the public:
- Laura Renwick (GBR), best female rider of Great-Britain, winner of the HOYS Grand Prix last weekend in Birmingham (GBR), where many riders prepared the CSI3* of Saint-Lô (Guy Williams/GBR, Mark Armstrong/GBR, Jemma Kirk/GBR and Dan Neilson/GBR).
- Simon Delestre (FRA), winner of the Grand Prix last weekend at the CSI2* of St Valérien (FRA).
- Eduardo Alvarez Aznar (ESP), Reserve Champion of Spain 2010.
- Claudia Gisler (SUI), the new Swiss Champion 2010.
Results and news will be published on www.csi-saintlo.com/progres.php.
Thursday 14 October: vet inspection (afternoon)
Friday 15 October
- 8:00am Class n°1 (1,30m) / 3000€
- 12:00am Class n°2 (1,35m) / 4000€
- Followed by Class n°3 (1,45m) / 20,000€
Saturday 16 October
- 9:00am Class n°4 (1,30m) / 4000€
- 6:00pm Class n°5 (1,45m) / 20,000€
- 9:00pm : Class n°6 (6 bars) / 7,000€
Sunday 17 October
- 8:30am Class n°7 with jump-off (1,30m) / 3000€
- 11:00am Class n°8 (1,45m) / 7500€
- 3:00pm Class n°9 Grand Prix (1,50m) / 32,000€