Top riders for a top show!
Top riders for a top show!
Whether it's on the plate or on horseback, the spectators of the fourth International Eventing of Lignières-en-Berry (Cher, Region Centre) will benefit from a menu of choices! As for sports, 150 riders and 230 horses will walk the courses of the “Pole of the Horse and Donkey” with among participants the current World and European Champion Michael Jung (GER) and the best French riders led by Nicolas Touzaint and Didier Dhennin, loyal supporters of the event. For gastronomy, a new Gourmet Market will be held Saturday and Sunday in partnership with the network “Bienvenue à la Ferme” (i.e. Welcome to the farm). The 2011 edition will be that of a charity called "The Soup of Chiefs”. 9 Chefs of the best restaurant in Berry will culinary inventiveness compete to thrill your taste buds.
English eventers are back!
Each year the first weekend of October, the huge horsetrucks of the British land at Lignières-en-Berry. As a pilgrimage, they come here for the pleasure of being at the heart of French countryside, and to do battle with the best in Europe. But not only! Outside the 17 riders of Her Majesty, the four Germans, five Belgians, nine Italians and four Swiss, Lignières has the privilege of hosting an Australian, a Chinese and five New Zealanders! Among them, besides Michael Jung (GER) cited above, we will find Karin Donckers (BEL), 12th in the world rankings, leading the Belgian team, Piggy French (GBR) world No. 4 and her compatriot Pippa Funnell (GBR) world n°10, and especially Clarke Johnstone (NZL), winner of the FEI World Cup 2011 and hope of his country for the Olympics in London. A total of 151 riders will start with respectively 111 horses in the 1 star class (CIC*) and 118 in the 2 stars. It will also provide support to the newly Berry Cup, a national team rankings which will bring together seven countries.
Eventing horses presentation and amicable sale by the riders of Berry
Following the very positive response made, the first presentation and sale held last year, the ACEVA, the organizer of the competition is open to professional riders working aroung of Lignières, led by Jean-Charles Pirot. They will present Thursday, September 29 at 6:00pm a selection of ten 4 years old and over eventing horses, ridden in dressage and over fences. The catalog will be distributed on site and on the website of the event.
The International 3 Day Event of Lignières-en-Berry (France), organized by the private association ACEVA, is composed of 2 classes and 3 rankings:
- a CIC*,
- a CCI**,
- and the Berry's Cup, a team rankig based on the CCI2* for teams of 3 or 4 riders, from the same nation or not. Riders will be able to choose and create it once arrived in Lignières.
- Wesnesday 29 September: vet inspection.
- Thursday 30 September & Friday 1st October: dressage test from 9:00am to 5:00pm (CIC* & CCI**)
- Saturday 2 October: 9:00am show jumping test CIC* followed by cross country test CCI** at 1:00pm.
- Sunday 3 October: 8:00am 2nd vet inspection CCI**. 9:00am show jumping test CCI**. 12:00pm prize giving ceremony CCI** and CCIO**. 1:00pm cross country test CIC*. 4:00pm prize giving ceremony CIC*.
Address: Pôle du Cheval et de l'Ane of Lignières-en-Berry (Cher). 45Km south of Bourges, direct by A71 highway.
Entry: free for all everyday except on Sunday (5€ by car).
- free horse driving and pony rides for adults and children on Saturday afternoon and Sunday.
- Gourmet Village on Saturday afternoon and Sunday with regional products.
More info on www.lignieres-eventing.com