Central Florida College, in conjunction with the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine, have joined efforts to provide an Awareness Level Animal Technical Rescue course. This course will be composed of two evenings of lectures (April 14 and 16th 2015) at CF College, and an all-day skills demonstration lab at the Florida Horse Park on April 18th 2015.
This course will include:
- Responder management of an animal technical rescue scene
- Use of the Incident Command System in animal technical rescue
- Hazard identification and management for animals and responders during animal technical rescue
- Identification and use of special equipment for animal technical rescue
Construction of improvised animal halters
- Use of webbing for low angle technical rescue of livestock
- Use of webbing for improvised high angle technical rescue of livestock
- Use of commercially available harnesses for high angle technical rescue of livestock
- Use of commercially available harnesses for high angle canine rescue
- Trailer Accidents considerations for the rescuer and the animal
- Special hazard considerations for the rescuer and the animal Mud Rescue, Confined Space, Trench, Swiftwater, and Helicopter operations
- Veterinary considerations for animal technical rescue
- Packaging and transport of a down horse
- Building and operating mechanical advantage systems and portable cranes for lifting
At the end of the course, all participants will receive a certificate of attendance for attending.
Click here for more information about this event - Registration For Large Animal Technical Rescue.
The Sanctuary Equine Sports Therapy & Rehabilitation Center
Brenda McDuffee, CHT-V
5590 NW Hwy 225
Ocala, Florida 34482
(352) 369-HEAL (4325)