The Foundation for the Florida Horse Park, located in the Florida Agriculture Center and Horse Park, is seeking a full time Executive Director. The Executive Director is the chief of staff for the Foundation and responsible for the advocacy, planning, direction, development, administration, supervision and implementation of a comprehensive program that complements and provides financial assistance to the Florida Agriculture Center and Horse Park (FACHP). The Executive Director reports directly to the Chairman of the Foundation Board of Directors.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
1. 5 Years minimum experienced organizational management skills;
2. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills;
3. Computer and social media skills;
4. Demonstrated leadership skills;
5. Demonstrated time management skills;
6. Self-directed and flexible;
7. Proven history of meeting or exceeding fundraising goals;
8. Proven history of grant writing;
9. Proven experience in fiscal management;
10. Proven ability at team development and management;
11. Demonstrated ability to work with business, community, government and public entities;
12. Demonstrated strong organizational skills;
13. Knowledge of volunteer management techniques;
14. Equine knowledge a plus, but not necessary
Experience: Preferred experience in two or more of the following areas:
1. Non-profit management;
3. Public relations;
4. Communications and Marketing;
5. Experience working for a Board of Directors.
Attributes: Ability to perform in a diverse work environment that includes volunteers, public officials, sponsors, individual and corporate donors;
1. Public speaking ability;
2. Organization and planning skills;
3. Commitment and good sportsmanship;
4. Interest in outdoor activities, equestrian pursuits and sports management;
5. Political savvy
Major Responsibilities and Duties: Strategy and Planning
1. Develop and implement a strategic plan which includes a strong fund raising initiative;
2. Takes a leadership role in driving a collaborative process with the Board of Directors, staff and members that would result in the development of goals, objectives and operational plans for the Foundation.
3. Oversees preparation of the annual budget and other necessary financial documents. Provides information and justifications for Board of Directors in its budgetary review and approval process.
4. Cultivates a strong partnership with the Board of Directors in setting policies consistent with the mission of the Foundation.
1. Oversee the administrative tasks required to carry out the Foundation’s mission and objectives.
2. Leads, motivates and develops staff and board so they are passionate about what the Foundation has achieved and are committed to working effectively toward continual improvement.
3. Ensures the organization has diverse staff with skills appropriate to the needs of the position through people management activities including hiring, separation of employment, ongoing staff development, performance management, compensation and benefits.
4. Ascertains that employment policies are adhered to in all employment practices and partners with the Board to implement changes.
5. Ensures that organization has the appropriate systems and physical space.
6. Coordinate with the Board of Directors in the following activities: development of the foundation’s strategic plan; development of annual Foundation goals, action plans and budgets; planning and execution of fundraising activities; communication and relationship building with the community; donors and potential donors, district employees at the administrative and campus level.
7. Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned by the Foundation Board and/or Chairman of the Board.
1. Coordinate and oversee major events;
2. Develop community relationships, direct marketing programs and events to cultivate, motivate, and solicit individual and corporate donors.
3. Manages all fund development activities, including grant writing, cultivation and stewardship of donors, event planning, and identifying new resources.
4. Actively seeks and maintains a diverse donor base of individual, business, foundation and government segments.
5. Builds long term relationships with key donor segments based on mission, cultivation and stewardship, program outcomes and sound fiscal management.
6. Leads the Foundation’s financial growth in order to maintain healthy cash flow, provide full services and maintain adequate reserves to support board-approved investments and risk-taking.
1. Raise public awareness of the Foundation and the FACHP.
2. Promotes the FACHP visibility and welfare through participation and membership in community forums, civic organizations and activities that are aligned with the FACHP’s mission and vision.
3. Advocates at the local, state and federal level for the public policy issues that impact the FACHP and equine communities.
4. Develops a strategic marketing plan that provides a clear and concise message telling the FACHP story. Oversees the execution of marketing and media relations.
5. Represents the Foundation in all media relations by participating in interviews, developing press releases and all other media type engagements.