Wellington, FL - Week ten at the 2017 Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) in Wellington, FL, continued on Saturday, March 18, with a win for P.J. Rizvi (USA) in the FEI Grand Prix Special CDI 3*, presented by The Dutta Corp.
AGDF 10 concludes on March 19 at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center and featured the CDI 4* and FEI Grand Prix Freestyle, presented by Havensafe Farm; CDI 3*, presented by The Dutta Corporation; and CDI 1*, presented by CaptiveOne. The week also hosts a National Show and the 2017 Florida International Youth Dressage Championships.
P.J. Rizvi (USA) and Breaking Dawn, a 2001 KWPN gelding (Akribori x Eveline x L. Ronald) owned by Rizvi, climbed to the top of the leader board in the FEI Grand Prix Special CDI 3*, presented by The Dutta Corp, earning a score of 70.588%.
This was the pair's first time competing together in the FEI Grand Prix Special.
"It was one of those 'let's just give it a whirl' moments," said Rizvi, "I've just been doing the freestyle, but it was time to do the Special, and I'm so proud of him. He felt forward, and with the length of the test it felt like even at the end, I still had a lot of horse under me. I'm just so amazed; he's like 16 going on six and is such a joy to ride."
In regard to her future with "Edward", Rizvi commented, "I think we are going to try to go to Europe this summer. He is super healthy, and I think that now is the time that we want to move forward and try to show this summer instead of waiting for a whole year until next season."
Second place in the FEI Grand Prix Special CDI 3*, presented by The Dutta Corp, was awarded to Anna Marek (USA) and Dee Clair, a 2008 KWPN mare (Sir Sinclair x Rolls Royce) owned by Diane Morrison, the pair earned a 67.216%. Third place went to Christopher Hickey (USA) and Ronaldo, a 2006 Danish Warmblood gelding (Blue Hors Romanov x Trostruplunds Scarlet x Blue Hors Don Schufro) owned by Cecelia Stewart, with 66.333%.
Competition at AGDF will conclude tomorrow with a full schedule of classes and includes the awards for this year's Florida International Youth Dressage Championships. For more information and to see a full list of results, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results: FEI Grand Prix Special CDI 3*, presented by The Dutta Corp
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total %
1. P.J. Rizvi (USA), Breaking Dawn, 2001 KWPN gelding by Akribori x Eveline x L. Ronald, owned by P.J. Rizvi: 71.078%, 70.196%, 69.902%, 72.255%, 69.510%, 70.588%
2. Anna Marek (USA), Dee Clair, 2008 KWPN mare by Sir Sinclair x Rolls Royce, owned by Diane Morrison: 68.235%, 65.784%, 65.980%, 69.510%, 66.569%, 67.216%
3. Christopher Hickey (USA), Ronaldo, 2006 Danish Warmblood gelding by Blue Hors Romanov x Trostruplunds Scarlet x Blue Hors Don Schufro, owned by Cecelia Stewart: 65.686%, 69.314%, 67.255%, 65.392%, 64.020%, 66.333%
4. Jami Kment (USA), Zania, 2004 KWPN mare by Sir Sinclair x Melody x Olympic cocktail, owned by Jami Kment: 65.098%, 68.235%, 64.804%, 67.941%, 65.098%, 66.235%
5. Ariana Chia (CAN), Teo, 1999 KWPN gelding by Democrat x Helga x Uniform, owned by Ariana Chia: 65.392%, 67.451%, 65.000%, 65.784%, 64.608%, 65.647%
6. Karen Lipp (USA), Whitney, 2005 Hanoverian mare by White Star x Hauptstutbuch Grace x Grand Cru, owned by Kathleen Oldford: 66.471%, 64.804%, 66.569%, 65.490%, 64.118%, 65.490%
7. Susan Dutta (USA), Currency DC, 2000 Oldenburg gelding by Clintino x Cinderella x Classiker, owned by Susan Dutta: 63.627%, 66.471%, 65.196%, 65.490%, 63.529%, 64.863%
8. Adrienne Pot (USA), Something Special, 2000 KWPN gelding by Ferro x Gicara II x Beaujolais, owned by Elizabeth and James Bramsen: 60.294%, 62.745%, 62.451%, 61.176%, 63.922%, 62.118%