Euro Update: 2008 Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing Begins With a Record

When Danish Warmblood Society opens its doors to the 29th stallion licensing at Herning on 13th-16th March 2008, the audience can expect an exciting collection of young stallions with international bloodlines. The breeding committee has pre-selected 50 colts, to which will be added the 17 colts that have qualified through their approvals at foreign stallion licensings.

Head of breeding committee Poul Graugaard reports that the sensational feature of this year’s collection of young stallions is that Blue Hors Romanov has sired ten of them -- or in others words 20% of the collection of three year olds! Nine of these have been pre-selected by the breeding committee and the son Red Rebel has already been approved in Oldenburg.

The Elite stallion Blue Hors Don Schufro, currently competing in international Grand Prix dressage under Andreas Helgstrand, is represented by four sons and these also demand some attention in the light of their sire’s success. This is because Don Schufro has already sired 13 approved sons, whilst four of his daughters and at least four of his grand-daughters have been awarded gold medals at mare grading.

The incredibly beautiful, expressive and good-moving stallions Milan and De Noir are also once again amongst the most well-represented producers for the stallion licensing with, respectively, four and three sons pre-selected. Reflecting the breakdown of disciplines within Danish Warmblood breeding, almost 75 % of all the colts forward are of dressage bloodlines with the remaining 25 % having jumping pedigrees. (Read More)

Fancy Josephine, Price Highlight at 2008 Handorf Extra Auction

Fancy Josephine became the price highlight of the 2008 Handorf Extra Auction in Munster, Germany, on January. The rising 4-year old bay mare by Furst Piccolo x Ferragamo sold for 105,000 euro. Bred by Hermann-Josef Böker, she was presented at auction by Josef Ulmker. Second most expensive horse was Sweetheart, a grey mare by Show Star x Carolus. This soon to be 6-year old sold for 79,000 euro. The dark bay gelding Fiderglanz, by Fidermark x Carprilli, sold for 70,000 euro. He is bred and presented by Josef Goos. (Read More)

Wayne's World: Judging is Accurate but the Scoring System is Not

Considering the overwhelming response to my article on the half-point, I think this is an issue with which many people in dressage identify and would like to see implemented. National and international riders, trainers, judges, a few Official judges (“O” judges) and marketing communications experts have written to me in support of the idea.

Since the last article, I have had the expert input from other fields who have spent considerable time and effort in calculating the theoretical accuracy of integer scoring versus half points and analysing the actual results of over 1,800 Grand Prix tests. I will incorporate their conclusions in the discussion below. But first, I think it is fair to give an airing to the very few but influential dissenters. (Read Wayne's latest column on Eurodressage)

More Euro News on Eurodressage.com

Related Links
[#26995 override=" CDI-W Aarhus: Home side's hero Helgstrand sweeps to victory again" title=" CDI-W Aarhus: Home side's hero Helgstrand sweeps to victory again"]
[#26995 override=" Euro Update: Home Run for Andreas Helgstrand at CDI-W Aarhus" title=" Euro Update: Home Run for Andreas Helgstrand at CDI-W Aarhus"]
[#26995 override=" Euro Update: Wayne's Column: Is Judging Corrupt or Just Inaccurate? " title=" Euro Update: Wayne's Column: Is Judging Corrupt or Just Inaccurate? "]




GET THE LATEST NEWS DELIVERED TO YOUR MAILBOX