Over $15,000 in exciting products and services have been donated for the The Equestrian Aid Foundation which will be showcased all weekend at the 2009 Palm Beach Dressage Derby. The kick off for the fundraising drive will begin at the Markel/DressageDaily Palm Beach Dressage Derby "Inspection Reception" on Thursday afternoon February 26, 2009 immediately following the FEI Horse Inspection at approximately 5PM. In its fifth year the party is sponsored by Mary Phelps Hathaway, a Markel Equine Insurance Specialist whose many clients will be participating at the event. Check out our growing list of donated items which will be available all weekend for bidding in a Silent Auction. Additional assistance in underwriting this effort has been generously provided by Kim and Frederik Boyer of Hampton Green Farm, and Renee Isler.
Food and beverages will be provided by Jim and Terry Toomey of the Paradise Cafe, and who have generously offered to provide their services for 300 attendees at their cost. Show managers Evelyn O’Sullivan and Mary Anne McPhail have provided the venue, the VIP tent near the show office for the event.
The Equestrian Aid Foundation has provided over $1 Million in support to members of the equestrian community since its inception over 11 years ago. With over $300,000 annually funding the growing list of equestrians in need support is needed now more than ever. In reaching out to the Dressage Community Janice Gray, director of grant recipient services will be on hand to speak with attendees of the Palm Beach Dressage Derby, increase membership and donations. Please be sure to stop by the Horsesdaily RV throughout the weekend to view and bid on items being offered.
A selection of special donations will be displayed at the HorsesDaily RV throughout the weekend as a silent auction, to be closed on Sunday, and announced directly following the PhelpsPhotos Palm Beach Derby Lead Line Class. Here are a few items of what participants and attendees of the Derby with have the chance to bid on – Please visit the links provided for more detail and support these companies who have generously made donations:
- Two Tickets to the World Cup Finals – Donated by Mary Phelps and Wellington Classic Dressage
- Gift Basket of Thin Line Inc Items – Value $850
- Equine Technology Group - A Division of Computer Logic Group, Inc. - - Digital DVR w/4 Camera System Bundle System – Value $4500
- Back On Track Gift Basket of Products – Value $1000
- Olympic Opening Ceremonies Jacket Donated By Robert Dover – Value - Priceless
- Gift Basket of the Mushroom Matrix Products – Value $1000
- Skin Care for Riders Gift Basket of Products – Value $300
- HFR International Horse Transport – Import Fees through Three days at federal Quarantine at JFK – Value $2000
- Elite Horse Transport Shipping
- From Wellington To Kentucky Region – 2 Horses, or 1 Box Stall – Value $1400
- From Wellington to New York – 1 Horse – Value $1000