Today the individual titles in Kronberg at the EC for Juniors and Young Riders were at stake.
Fabienne Lütkemeier last year won the individual silver medal at the Young Riders EC in Ermelo, this time she grabbed the individual gold showing D’Agostino very consistently to an amazing 75,316%, a personal best.
Fabienne relied on her mother Gina Capellmann-Lütkemeier for the training, just like the silver medal winner Sanneke Rothenberger relied on her mother Gonnelien Rothenberger-Gordijn. “She is helping me every day and spends a lot of time with me training, also at shows, while my father Sven lends his eyes in the weekends and as a fact is quite nervous at shows”, Sanneke commented smiling.
At the Juniors Charlott-Maria Schürmann took the gold showing World of Dreams, a 17 year old stallion owned by Guido Klatte (74,053%). Charlott-Maria couldn’t believe she had done a winning ride but was too happy with the performance of the horse she had given to ride by the owner in 2007. “It took a while to get used to him, but 2010 might be my year!”, she said happily.
Chairman of the judges British Andrew Gardiner summarized: ”We have seen beautiful horses and solid riding. The highlight of the medal winning Young Riders in general was their consistency. They impressed by the pureness of the paces. A wonderful quality and expression underlined the quality of all lectures. It was a pleasure to judge!”
In total three individual medals were won by Germany, among them the two most precious gold ones. The Dutch won two bronze medals, Denmark took for the first time in history of the youth dressage an individual silver while Germany took an extra silver one too. The Dutch were joking that Danielle had to be the name today to win a medal for The Netherlands, as Danielle Houtvast took the Junior Bronze medal while Danielle van Mierlo took the bronze medal at the YR.Emotion run high for Danish Catherine Dufour when she realized that her individual silver in the Juniors class was an historical one, the very first individual one in a juniors/Young Riders championship dressage for Denmark. She actually bought her horse only two months ago and was over the moon that competing in only her fifth class was rewarded with the individual silver.
Results Individual FEI European Championship Young Riders:
1. D’Agostino, Fabienne Lütkemeier, GER 77,895% GOLD
2. Deveraux, Sanneke Rothenberger, GER 77,158% SILVER
3. BMC Ucento, Danielle van Mierlo, NED 74,368% BRONZE
4. Diva Royal, Stella Charlott Roth, GER 74,105%
5. Blue Hors Future Cup, Anna Kasprzak, DEN 73,579%
6. Utah, Camilla Orloff, DEN 71,421%
7. Bernstein Las Marismas, Anne Katrine Elkjaer, DEN 71,368%
8. Pablo, Robin Beekink NED 71,263%
9. Revino, Angela Krooswijk, NED 71,0%
10. Gina Tricot Diezel, Sara Henriette Kalström, SWE 70,737
11. Incredible, Michelle van Lanen, NED 70,211%
12. Habitus, Louisa Lüttgen, GER 70,158%
13 e.a. Baltzar, Elisabeth Helm, SWE 70,105%
Jazz, Marina Aframeeva, RUS 70,105%
Results Individual FEI European Championship Juniors:
1. World of Dreams, Charlott-Maria Schürmann, GER 74,053% GOLD
2. Atterupsgaards Cassid, Catherine Dufour, DEN 73,842% SILVER
3. Rambo, Danielle Houtvast, NED 73,421% BRONZE
4. Show Star, Sophie Hilkenbrink, GER 71,632%
5. Winston, Stephanie Kooijman, NED 71,053%
6. MDH Ohio, Anne Meulendijks, NED 70,684%
7. Charmeur, Jill de Ridder, GER 70,579%
8. Millibar, Nanna Merrald, DEN 70,263%
9. Rocky, Mieke Mommen BEL 70,105%
10. No Problem, Julie van Olst, BEL 69,421%
11. Mr Q, Alexandra Barbancon Mestre, ESP, 68,684%
12. Spring Pascal, Samantha Thurman-Baker, GBR 68,421%
13. Wunderbar NG, Noemie Goris, BEL 68,053%
14. Good-Morning M, Florine Kienbaum, GER 68,00%
15. Seigneur, Teddy Wiedeler, NED 67,684%.
Tomorrow the EC will end with the individual finals for the Freestyle to music.