Sacramento, CA - March 12, 2012 - The Western States Horse Expo is pleased to announce that Chris Cox will be one of the featured clinicians during this year's event. Cox has developed a successful partnership between horse and rider, and is an accomplished clinician and master horseman. The Western States Horse Expo is scheduled for June 8-10, 2012 at the Cal Expo Fairgrounds in Sacramento, California.
Born into the ranching business, Cox moved with his family from Florida to an island off the coast of northeast Australia to raise cattle as a toddler. After returning to the United States at the age of 18 with unique horsemanship skills, Cox focused on training horses and providing clinics for individuals of all skill levels who were interested in developing and perfecting their abilities. He is currently the host of "Come Ride the Journey" on RFD-TV, while also competing as a team roper and conducting clinics throughout the country.
"I am truly honored to be invited to the Western States Expo, this is one of the longest running horse expos and they have a great turnout," expressed Cox. "I appreciate the opportunity to come to California and be a part of this great event. The Western States Expo is a great horse event that attracts a large crowd of people and they have great vendors. If you're looking for anything horse related it is the place to be!"
Cox continued, "During my clinics I really try and cover a wide range of topics, from starting a young horse to some advanced horsemanship. I will also cover 'Building Riders' Confidence,' which is where I work with people who have had a traumatic experience with a horse. The goal is to restore their confidence through knowledge. If somebody takes one thing away from the demonstrations that makes them safe and effective with their horse then I have been successful. I hope the audience will feel how passionate I am about horses."
The horsemanship program developed by Cox has proven to be immensely popular with people of all ages. The success stories are the result of commitment and devotion to understanding the horse, as well as self-examination of one's own limitations.
Over the past 13 years, Horse Expo Events has established the Western States Horse Expo as the gold standard of equine events. The 2012 Western States Horse Expo takes center stage from June 8-10, 2012 at the Cal Expo Fairgrounds in Sacramento, California. In addition to the Magnificent 7, the Project Cowboy - Cowgirls Only, and the Horse Expo Horse Sale during that weekend, there will be several clinicians at the Expo: Chris Cox, Steve Rother, Larry Whitesell, Eitan Beth-Halachmy, David Bodin, Bonnie Davis, Dr. Sue Thompson, Christy Landwehr, Peggy Cummings, Robert M. Miller, DVM. There will also be breed demonstrations, Young Rider Park, Equine Dream Art Show and Book Corral.
WESTERN STATES HORSE EXPO FAST FACTS
WHAT: The Western States Horse Expo is one of the country's leading equestrian experiences with vendors, events, and clinicians for every horse enthusiast. Over the past 13 years, Horse Expo Events has established the Western States Horse Expo as the gold standard of equine events. Held at the spacious Cal Expo in beautiful Sacramento, CA, from June 8-10, 2012, The Western States Horse Expo offers something for everyone. For more information please visit www.horsexpo.com.
WHEN: June 8-10, 2012
WHERE: Cal Expo Center, 1600 Exposition Blvd., Sacramento, CA, 95815
* Hundreds of Equine Exhibitors and Retailers
* Magnificent 7: A dozen of the nation's top riders convene for an intense one-day riding competition, where one horse and one rider demonstrate their skill and versatility in four events: herd work, rein work, steer stopping and fence work. On Friday night, seven finalists compete for a $25,000.00 purse, and the best horseman will receive the title of Magnificent 7 All-Around Stock Horse Champion.
* Project Cowboy - Cowgirls Only! Presented by the American Quarter Horse Association, is "American Idol" meets "America's Got Talent" for cowgirls.
* Trail Symposium: Politicians and trail enthusiasts gather to discuss how to keep our horse trails open and maintained, now and in the future, and how to work in harmony with state and federal officials who oversee many of these trails.
* Horse Sale: Trained riding horses and a select section of Cutting bred yearlings and broodmares will be available at auction. Trail horses, cutting horses, cow horses, pleasure riding horses, rope horses, ranch horses, a few select ponies and draft horses; there will be horses for everyone from beginners to experts.
* Breed Demonstrations
* Young Rider Park
* Art Show
* Book Corral
WHO: The exciting clinician lineup includes:
Dr. Sue Thomspon
Robert M. Miller, DVM
Hilton - Sacramento Arden West - 916-922-4700 - www.hilton.com
Courtyard Marriott - Sacramento Cal Expo - 800-321-2211 - Group Code: WSTS
Fairfield Inn Marriott - Sacramento Cal Expo - 800-605-6578 - Group Code: WSTS
For more information and to learn all about the 2012 Horse Expo events, activities, clinicians and presenters, visit www.horsexpo.com or call 1-800-352-2411.
For more information about Chris Cox please visit www.chris-cox.com.
Photo Credit: Chris Cox will be a featured clinician at the 2012 Western States Horse Expo. Photo By: Crystal Gibson.