Wellington, FL - Victory was awarded to Charlotte Jorst (USA) and Kastel's Nintendo on Saturday in the FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, presented by Yeguada de Ymas, at the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF).
Week three of the AGDF, which is held at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC), in Wellington, FL, and presented by U.S. PRE Association, will conclude on Sunday, January 29.
The circuit resumes February 9-12 with the CDI5* presented by Diamante Farms; CDI 3*, presented by Wellington Equestrian Realty; and CDI 1*, presented by Engel & Völkers. The 2017 AGDF hosts seven CDI events, two CPEDI competitions, and national shows through March 25.
Clinching the win today in the FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, presented by Yeguada de Ymas, was Charlotte Jorst and Kastel's Nintendo, a 2003 Dutch Warmblood stallion (Negro x Rodieni R x Monaco) owned by Kastel Denmark, with a score of 72.941%.
"I don't think I ever realized that it was this difficult. It's been such a journey for me for so many years," said Jorst of her decision to compete at the international level. "I was working and working, and I knew that I needed to do something. I turned 48 and I sold my company, and I set out to do this crazy thing. It is totally my passion."
Commenting on Nintendo, Jorst said, "My favorite thing about him is his spirit. He just goes and goes. All of those years when I made mistakes, and I didn't really know what I was doing, he just kept on going and kept trying to figure out what I was trying to ask of him. He still does that all of the time, and he is such a pal in the ring for me."
Placing second was Suzan Pape (GBR) and Harmony's Don Noblesse, a 2007 Hanoverian stallion (Dancier x Descana x Don Davidoff) owned by Harmony Sporthorses, with a score of 71.980%. Third place was awarded to Juan Matute Guimon (ESP) and Quantico Ymas, a 2006 Hanoverian gelding (Fighting Fit x Hauptstutbuch) owned by Juan F Matute, with a score of 70.588%.
Competition at the third week of AGDF will conclude tomorrow witha full schedule of classes, including the FEI Intermediate I Freestyle - CDI1*,followed by the FEI Junior Rider Freestyle - CDIJ, presented by the U.S. PRE Association. For more information and to see a full list of results, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results: FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, presented by Yeguada de Ymas
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total %
1. Charlotte Jorst (USA), Kastel's Nintendo, 2003 Dutch Warmblood stallion by Negro x Rodieni R x Monaco owned by Kastel Denmark: 71.373%, 72.647%, 74.118%, 71.667%, 74.902%, 72.941%
2. Susan Pape (GBR), Harmony's Don Noblesse, 2007 Hanoverian stallion by Dancier x Descana x Don Davidoff owned by Harmony Sporthorses: 71.863%, 73.431%, 71.078%, 70.784%, 72.745%, 71.980%
3. Juan Matute Guimon (ESP), Quantico Ymas, 2006 Hanoverian gelding by Fighting Fit x Hauptstutbuch owned by Juan F Matute: 70.098%, 71.667%, 68.725%, 71.471%, 70.980%, 70.588%
4. Chase Hickok (USA), Sagacious HF, 1999 KWPN gelding by Welt Hit II x Judith x Cocktail owned by Hyperion Farm Inc.: 71.078%, 72.255%, 69.216%, 69.118%, 69.804%, 70.294%
5. Megan Lane (CAN), San D'Or, 2002 Hanoverian gelding by De Niro x Rosana M x Regazonni owned by Jill Irving: 68.627%, 72.549%, 69.216%, 68.922%, 70.686%, 70.000%
6. Kathrine Bateson Chandler (USA), Alcazar, 2005 KWPN gelding by Cantango x Polina owned by Jane Forbes Clark: 70.098%, 71.667%, 69.216%, 68.922%, 69.510%, 69.882%
7. Beatrice Marienau (USA), Stefano 8, 1999 KWPN gelding by Gribaldi x Gracia x Actueel owned by Beatrice Marienau: 68.627%, 70.392%, 69.118%, 69.608%, 65.980%, 68.745%
8. Holger Bechtloff (USA), Clapton JP, 2007 KWPN gelding by UB40 x Liana x Ramiro Z owned by Peggy Mills: 65.000%, 65.686%, 64.510%, 62.157%, 66.863%, 64.843%