Thanks to the cooperation of BWP Antwerp, the Breeding Day was a real succes and an attractive day. Champion of the Day of the dressage bred mares was Joyeuse van den Bruel (Diamnond Hit x Florestan I), bred by Blockx - Vansweevelt. Last year, this mare was already honoured as youth champion mare, a title which went this year to Surprise Krack van het Klaverhof (Sir Donnerhall x Royal Diamond). Among the jumping bred mares, Hertogin Odeveld was the best and got the title of Champion of the Day. She is a daughter of the sire Obourg out of a dam by Lys De Darmen; she was bred by Roger Van de Vijver. The Veldeman family won the youth championship with their mare Kerly de Regor (Darco X Cento).
The loose jumping competition, in which five 3-year-old mares of each province participated, was won by the East Flanders. The title of overall champion went to Kastoria ter Doorn (Diamant De Semilly x Lord Z), bred by Paul Van Britsom.
In the different categories of the Belgian Riding Pony, the champion titles went to the following mares:
- Champion of the Day, small height: Habibi van de Delthoeve (TEN ANKERS BILEANDER x HALENSHOF WILFRED), bred by Alfons Verheyen.
- Champion of the Day, big height: Mystique van het Klavertje (MACHNO CARWYN x TOP NONSTOP), bred by Rudi Van Kerckhoven.
- Youth Champion, small height: Otje S.S. van de Delthoeve (IVE VAN DE DELTHOEVE x TEN ANKERS BILEANDER), bred by Alfons Verheyen.
- Youth Champion, big height: Princess van de Vraagheide (COMM'S FOREST CEDRUS x TEN ANKERS JEROLIANCA), bred by Rudi Govaerts.
- Loose jumping champion: Orchis van de Groenheuvel (KANSHEBBER x NABOR), bred by Dries Ceuppens.
Click here for all results