Ottawa, ON - The Canadian Eventing High Performance Committee (HPC) has announced the 2010 Talent Squad. Selection for the 2010 Talent Squad is based upon results of FEI international eventing competitions. The Talent Squad consists of riders from the CCI/CCIO/CIC 2(two) star level and up who, by their performance during the time period designated under general regulations, have shown potential to reach the international elite level.
Riders are selected to the 2010 Talent Squad in one of three ways:
- riders who have completed a CCI/CCIO/CIC 2(two) star level event and achieved an FEI Qualification score but who have not achieved Long List criteria**,
- riders who have completed a CCI/CCIO/CIC 3(three) star event who have not met the Short or Long List criteria**, or
- riders who are on the Talent Squad in 2009, who fail to meet the criteria for the 2010 Squad, may be maintained on the Talent Squad for one year on the recommendation of the Eventing High Performance Committee.
** Note: Extenuating circumstances may be considered by the HPC on a case-by-case situation; for example, excessive time penalties cross-country due to inclement environmental conditions.
Named to the 2010 Talent Squad are:
Rider - Horse - Qualifying Event
- Mathieu Bosselier, FRA - Menza d’Hulm - CIC 3* Fontainebleau—March 2009
- Sarah Green, AB - Wondaree Penelope - CCI 2* Bromont—June 2009
- Rebecca Lee, AB - Gold Twist - CCI 2* Rebecca—July2009
- Nicole Parkin, ON - Lexus - CCI 2* Bromont—June 2009
- Lindsay Pearce, ON - Tangle Top - CIC 2* Maui Jim—July 2009
- Penny Rowland, ON - Amazing Grace - CIC 2* Plantation—Septembre 2009 Flying Finn - CIC 2* Plantation—September 2009
- Wendy Southam, ON - Ruba Z - CIC 3* The Fork—April 2009
The Canadian Eventing High Performance Committee also recognizes the performance of the following National Team riders who also achieved Talent Squad qualification results on development horses in 2009.
- Diana Burnett, ON - Wild T’Mater - CCI 2* Bromont—June 2009
- Suzy Elliott, WA - Ogopogo - CCI 2* Galway—November 2009
- Chelan Kozak, BC - Waimea Bay - CCI 2* Galway—November 2009
- Kelli McMullen-Temple, VA - Axel Rose - CIC 2* Chattahoochee—May 2009
- Jessica Phoenix, ON - Exuberant - CIC 2* Poplar Place—March 2009
About Canadian Eventing
Canadian Eventing is the committee of Equine Canada responsible for the sport of eventing in Canada from the grassroots to the international level. The Canadian Eventing Committee is comprised of 12 members, including two rider representatives elected by the Elite Riders Association. Directed by the Strategic Plan for Eventing, all Eventing activities are administered by this committee via six sub-committees with the support of an eventing manager based at the Equine Canada office in Ottawa. For more information about Canadian Eventing, visit www.equinecanda.ca and select disciplines then Eventing.
About Equine Canada
Equine Canada is Canada’s national governing body for equestrianism. A member-driven, charitable institution, it is the executive branch of the Canadian Equestrian Team, and the national authority for equestrian competition; the national voice for recreational riders; and the national association for equine welfare, breeding, and industry. Equine Canada is recognised by the Government of Canada, the International Equestrian Federation (FEI), and the Canadian Olympic Committee as the national organisation representing equestrian sport and equine interests. For more information about Equine Canada, please visit www.equinecanada.ca.