Ottawa, ON, - Dressage Canada is pleased to announce that three committee chair positions will be elected for 2015: Coaching Committee Chair Position, Officials Committee Chair Position, and Rules Committee Chair Position. Nominees must have experience with not-for-profit committees, such as one or more years working on a Dressage Canada or equivalent committee. Each successful nominee will be elected for a three year term, commencing January 1, 2015, and represent the committee on the Dressage Canada Board for the term of their office.
Election Timeline for DC Committees
- 1st Friday of July - call for nominations;
- 4th Friday of July - close of nominations. Nominees must submit a biography with their completed nomination form, and may include a photo. Nominees must also include details which outline if they have a minimum of 12 months experience on a DC committee, or appropriate experience for the role;
- 3rd Friday of August - online biographies and ballot packages will be posted to the Dressage Canada website and all Dressage Canada affiliates listed as of the call for nominations date will be notified by e-mail;
- 4th Friday of October - deadline for casting online votes. In order to be eligible to vote, an individual must be a current DC Senior Affiliate as of the call for nominations date (Friday, July 4th, 2014);
- November - announcement of election results;
- January 1st - new Dressage Canada Committee chairs take office on the DCB.
For additional details and nomination form, please visit the Election 2015 section on the Dressage Canada website at www.equinecanada.ca/dressage.