After winning the Prix St. Georges at CDI4* Schindlhof, the US duo Ashley Holzer and Radondo also succeeded in taking the triumph in Saturday’s Intermediaire I – 72.842 percent. Two weeks ago, in the CDI4* in Achleiten, the Olympic bronze medal winner of 1988 (back then for Canada; Holzer has been living in the USA for 25 years) and the 11-year-old Oldenburg gelding took 2nd place in the Intermediaire I.
As on Friday, Christian Schumach and his 9-year-old Oldenburg stallion Sinclair Jason followed on 2nd place; this time with 68.368 percent and a clearer margin compared to the Prix St. Georges, when they were only 0.447 percent behind.
“It was not Sinclair’s fault, he was fully motivated. Unfortunately, we had some small insecurities causing the loss of valuable points. But we’re on a good way, we’ll do our homework and soon try the Big Tour,“ said the Carinthian, who will be quite busy in the coming weeks as the coach of Austria’s juniors Caro Valenta, Franziska Fries and others. (Keyword: U25 Dressage European Championships in Lamprechtshausen)
Florian Bacher from Styria and Dauphin took 3rd place with a score of 67.921 percent.
Competition 3 – Intermediaire I
1. Ashley Holzer (USA), Radondo | 72.842 percent
2. Christian Schumach (AUT), Sinclair Jason | 68.368
3. Florian Bacher (AUT), Dauphin 28 | 67.921
4. Regina Isachkina (RUS), Sun Of May Life | 67.526
5. Wolfgang Himsl (AUT), Dubrovnik NRW | 66.947
6. Florian Bacher (AUT), Fidertraum | 66.895
7. Renate Voglsang (AUT), Sir Raphael 3 | 68,816