Wellington, FL - Week five kicked off at the 2017 Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) with a win for Charlotte Jorst (USA) and Kastel's Nintendo in the FEI Grand Prix CDI 3*, presented by Wellington Equestrian Realty.
The week, which runs from February 8-12, features CDI 5* competition presented by Diamante Farms, CDI 3* competition presented by Wellington Equestrian Realty, and CDI 1* competition presented by Engel & Völkers, and is held at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center in Wellington, FL.
Week five of AGDF includes the FEI Grand Prix 5 CDI 5*, presented by Diamante Farms, on Thursday February 9, as well as the "Friday Night Stars" FEI Grand Prix Freestyle CDI 5*, presented by Diamante Farms, on Friday, February 10. Gates open at 6 p.m. General admission is free and parking is $10/car. Live stream of "Friday Night Stars" can be seen HERE.
Clinching a victory today in the FEI Grand Prix CDI 3*, presented by Wellington Equestrian Realty, was Charlotte Jorst and Kastel's Nintendo, a 2003 Dutch Warmblood stallion (Negro x Rodieni R x Monaco) owned by Kastel Denmark, with a score of 71.300%.
Commenting on her ride, Jorst said, "Nintendo just felt so good today. Even in the warm-up he felt so together, and so ready to go. I think that having had a little bit of a break (last weekend) was really nice for him. He was just ready, and I thought we had a really nice test."
"I don't actually know what I'm going to do yet," said Jorst of her freestyle test that she and Kastel's Nintendo will perform on Friday. "I have new music that I was going to ride through, but I just got it this morning. I'm torn as to whether or not I should do that. It has a little bit of a higher degree of difficulty and a much more fun floor plan for me. I don't know if I will do that, or stick with my old music. It's completely up in the air!"
Placing second was Susan Pape (GBR) and Harmony's Don Noblesse, a 2007 Hanoverian stallion (Dancier x Descana x Don Davidoff) owned by Harmony Sporthorses, with a 70.880%. Third place was awarded to Dawn White-O'Connor (USA), and Legolas 92, a 2002 Westfalen gelding (Laomedon x Furstin x Florenstan II) owned by Four Winds Farm, with a score of 70.560%.
Competition at AGDF will continue tomorrow with a full schedule of classes, including the FEI Grand Prix CDI 5*, presented by Diamante Farms; FEI Grand Prix Special CDI 3*, presented by Wellington Equestrian Realty; and FEI Prix St. Georges CDI 1*, presented by Engel & Völkers. For more information and to see a full list of results, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results: FEI Grand Prix CDI 3*, presented by Wellington Equestrian Realty
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total %
1. Charlotte Jorst (USA), Kastel's Nintendo, 2003 Dutch Warmblood stallion by Negro x Rodieni R x Monaco owned by Kastel Denmark: 71.300%, 72.600%, 72.600%, 69.000%, 71.000%, 71.300%
2. Susan Pape (GBR), Harmony's Don Noblesse, 2007 Hanoverian stallion by Dancier x Descana x Don Davidoff owned by Harmony Sporthorses: 72.600%, 71.300%, 70.700%, 71.100%, 68.700%, 70.880%
3. Dawn White-O'Connor (USA), Legolas 92, 2002 Westfalen gelding by Laomedon x Furstin x Florenstan II owned by Four Winds Farm: 71.000%, 72.800%, 67.000%, 70.600%, 71.400%, 70.560%
4. Olivia LaGoy-Weltz (USA), Lonoir, 2004 Danish Warmblood gelding by De Noir x Lorani x Loran owned by Olivia LaGoy-Weltz: 70.200%, 72.100%, 67.300%, 69.900%, 71.900%, 70.280%
5. Megan Lane (CAN), San D'Or, 2002 Hanoverian gelding by De Niro x Rosana M x Regazonni owned by Jill Irving: 71.600%, 70.200%, 67.700%, 70.500%, 68.900%, 69.780%
6. Devon Kane (USA), Destiny, 2003 Danish Warmblood gelding by Diamond Hit x Midt-West Regina owned by Diamante Farms: 67.400%, 69.600%, 68.400%, 68.600%, 70.600%, 68.920%
7. Juan Matute Guimon (ESP), Quantico Ymas, 2006 Hanoverian gelding by Fighting Fit x Hauptstutbuch owned by Juan F Matute: 67.700%, 70.200%, 66.500%, 70.200%, 69.500%, 68.820%
8. Chase Hickok (USA), Sagacious HF, 1999 KWPN gelding by Welt Hit II x Judith x Cocktail owned by Hyperion Farm Inc.: 68.500%, 70.200%, 66.500%, 67.000%, 68.200%, 68.080%