Wellington, FL - The 2017 Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) concluded on Saturday, March 25, at the Equestrian Village at Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC) in Wellington, FL, with a victory for Adrienne Lyle (USA) in the FEI Grand Prix Special CDI 3*, presented by Harmony Sporthorses.
The 2017 AGDF had another successful season, hosting seven CDI events, two CPEDI competitions, and national shows from January through March 25.
Lyle and Salvino, a 2007 Hanoverian stallion (Sandro Hit x Donnerhall) owned by Salvino Partners LLC, ended their competitive winter circuit with a 73.510% in the FEI Grand Prix Special CDI 3*, presented by Harmony Sporthorses.
Salvino was purchased for Lyle two years ago, after the retirement of her WEG and 2012 Olympic mount Wizard.
"This idea was born to work on syndication to buy horses for high performance riders who were out of a horse to ride," said Lyle, "and Salvino came about after five long trips to Europe to look at horses. We found him as an eight-year-old and he showed some talent, but that was by no means confirmed at the time. We stayed out of the ring last year, just spending the time that it takes to get to know a new horse. We spent the time training and strengthening, and I think that it paid off because he seems to be going in there happy and calm, and that is our main goal."
The pair has been competing nationally throughout the winter, and made their 2017 debut in the international ring earlier in the week.
"I think he loves the international ring," she continued. "He doesn't seem fazed by the environment at all. He's not really an anxious horse, and he really stepped up to the plate for me today. We are still working on some things, such as putting the piaffe more in one spot, as well as more power in the extensions. Bit by bit it's coming along, and I'm really thrilled with him today. It was a great score and a great effort, and I think there is a lot more in him still."
Second place in the FEI Grand Prix Special CDI 3* was awarded to Shelly Francis (USA) and Danilo, a 2004 Hanoverian gelding (De Niro x Annabella x Andiamo) owned by Patricia Stempel, scoring 71.353%. Third place went to Jill Irving (CAN) and her own Aurthur, a KWPN gelding (Jazz x Olympia W x Contango), earning 68.157%.
Competition concluded at the 2017 Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) circuit at Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC). For more information on AGDF and for information regarding the 2018 season, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results: FEI Grand Prix Special CDI 3*, presented by Harmony Sporthorses
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total %
1. Adrienne Lyle, (USA), Salvino, 2007 Hanoverian stallion by Sandro Hit x Donnerhall, owned by Salvino Partners LLC: 75.490%, 72.059%, 72.353%, 73.922%, 73.725%, 73.510%
2. Shelly Francis (USA), Danilo, 2004 Hanoverian gelding by De Niro x Annabella x Andiamo, owned by Patricia Stempel: 71.471%, 71.765%, 71.863%, 71.863%, 69.804%, 71.353%
3. Jill Irving (CAN), Aurthur, KWPN gelding by Jazz x Olympia W x Contango, owned by Jill Irving: 68.137%, 70.490%, 68.725%, 66.961%, 66.471%, 68.157%
4. Barbara Bertschinger (SUI), Rubin Cortes OLD, 2001 Oldenburg gelding by Rubin Royal x Carmen x Calmiro, owned by Barbara Bertschinger: 65.588%, 66.471%, 64.706%, 66.569%, 65.000%, 65.667%
5. Karen Lipp (USA), Whitney, 2005 Hanoverian mare by White Star x Hauptstutbuch Grace x Grand Cru, owned by Kathleen Oldford: 62.549%, 64.020%, 65.000%, 65.294%, 65.294%, 64.431%
6. Kim Gentry (AUS), Leonardo, 2007 Danish Warmblood gelding by Landtinus x Rambala x Rambo, owned by Kim Gentry: 65.588%, 62.843%, 63.824%, 65.196%, 63.922%, 64.275%
7. Susanne Hamilton (USA), Lord Locksley, 2001 Trakehner stallion by Unkenruf x Lida x Enrico Caruso, owned by Margaret Stevens: 60.882%, 60.980%, 64.118%, 62.647%, 62.647%, 62.255%