Wellington, FL - Week ten commenced on Wednesday, March 15, at the 2017 Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) in Wellington, FL, with a victory for Adrienne Lyle (USA) and Horizon in the FEI Prix St. Georges CDI 1*, presented by CaptiveOne
AGDF 10, which runs from March 15-19 at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center, features the CDI 4* and FEI Grand Prix Freestyle, presented by Havensafe Farm; CDI 3*, presented by The Dutta Corporation; and CDI 1*, presented by CaptiveOne. The week also features a National Show and the 2017 Florida International Youth Dressage Championships.
Lyle and Horizon, a 2007 Oldenburg mare (Hotline x Don Schufro) owned by Elizabeth Juliano, bested a talented class of 31 riders today in the FEI Prix St. Georges CDI 1*, presented by CaptiveOne. The duo earned themselves a top spot on the leaderboard with a solid start to the week and a score of 71.447%.
"I couldn't be happier with her," commented Lyle, "at the end of a long season, to be able to have her just as fresh and confident and happy. That's the main goal, to have them loving it just as much the last time they go down centerline, as they did the first time. She is for sure not burnt out. She's always ready to go."
Horizon is owned by Elizabeth Juliano, founder of Havensafe Farm, and sponsor of AGDF Week 10.
"Being here means so much," said Juliano. "I've had that horse since she was three, and I couldn't be happier with how she's going. Step-by-step, this pair has been very careful and classical and kind, and she shows it. She loves what she does, (and) she's a huge busy body. She loves going to these shows, and the atmosphere never intimidates her. I just can't wait to see her continue to develop because she just loves what she's doing, and I'll love to see it happen."
Juliano also spoke about Jennifer Baumert (USA) and Handsome, a 2005 Hanoverian gelding (Hochadel x Wyona x Weltmeyer) owned by Juliano. The pair placed fourth in today's competition with a respectable 69.342%.
"Handsome is newer to me," continued Juliano, "and I'm really thrilled with them too. They're figuring each other out, but there is such great promise there as well. This has been a really thrilling season for me with four horses competing, and it's fantastic to be able to do it here at such a great facility."
Taking the second-place position in the FEI Prix St. Georges CDI 1* was Lars Petersen (DEN) and Quascai Nexen, a 2008 Danish Warmblood gelding (Quaterback x Pearl Nexen x Argentinus) owned by Altersgait LLC, with a score of 70.447%. Third place was awarded to Juan Matute Guimon (ESP) and Dhannie Ymas, a 2007 Hanoverian gelding (Don Crusador x Welina) owned by Yeguada de Ymas, with 70.368%.
Competition at AGDF will continue tomorrow with a full schedule of classes, including the FEI Intermediaire II 16-25*, presented by Diamante Farms, the FEI Grand Prix CDI 3*, presented by The Dutta Corp, and the FEI Grand Prix CDI 4*, presented by Havensafe Farm. For more information and to see a full list of results, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results: FEI Prix St. Georges CDI 1*, presented by CaptiveOne
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total %
1. Adrienne Lyle (USA), Horizon, 2007 Hanoverian mare by Hotline x Don Schufro, owned by Elizabeth Juliano: 68.421%, 74.868%, 71.053%, 71.316%, 71.579%, 71.447%
2. Lars Petersen (DEN), Quascai Nexen, 2008 Danish Warmblood gelding by Quaterback x Pearl Nexen x Argentinus, owned by Altersgait LLC: 73.026%, 69.605%, 68.421%, 71.316%, 69.868%, 70.447%
3. Juan Matute Guimon (ESP), Dhannie Ymas, 2007 Hanoverian gelding by Don Crusador x Welina, owned by Yeguada de Ymas: 70.263%, 69.737%, 72.105%, 69.605%, 70.132%, 70.368%
4. Jennifer Baumert (USA), Handsome, 2005 Hanoverian gelding by Hochadel x Wyona x Weltmeyer, owned by Elizabeth Juliano: 68.553%, 67.895%, 70.000%, 70.921%, 69.342%, 69.342%
5. Catherine Malone (USA), Dilona, 2008 KWPN mare by Lord Leatherdale x Vajda x Kennedy, owned by Iron Spring Farm: 70.000%, 68.289%, 68.553%, 67.368%, 70.132%, 68.868%
6. Natalie Pai (USA), Fritz San Tino, 2002 Hanoverian gelding by Falkenstern II x Wanessa x Wanderbusch II, owned by Melanie Pai: 66.316%, 70.658%, 70.789%, 67.237%, 68.158%, 68.632%
7. Jessica Tate (USA), Montana, 2005 Danish Warmblood gelding by Rambo x Lomani x Manchet, owned by Brenda Duet: 67.105%, 68.421%, 68.158%, 68.947%, 68.026%, 68.132%
8. Krstyalann Shingler (CAN), Fidelio, 2008 Oldenburg gelding by Fidertanz x Ramila, owned by Krstyalann Shingler: 68.553%, 66.053%, 68.421%, 67.237%, 66.974%, 67.447%