Ottawa, ON, February 19, 2014 - Jump Canada is pleased to announce the riders chosen to represent Canada in the G&C Farm CSIO4* and the FEI Young Riders Nations Cup, presented by Hollow Creek Farm during the FTI Consulting Winter Equestrian Festival in Wellington, FL, Feb. 26 - Mar. 2, 2014.
The Canadian Team competing in the $75,000 Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup™, presented by G&C Farm, will be comprised of the following riders and horses:
- Yann Candele of Caledon, ON, on Watermark Group's Showgirl, a 2000 Selle Francaise mare;
- Tiffany Foster of Vancouver, BC, on Artisan Farm's Victor, a 2003 Dutch Warmblood gelding;
- Eric Lamaze of Schomberg, ON, on Artisan Farm's Powerplay, a 2004 Holsteiner gelding;
- Ian Millar of Perth, ON, on Sue and Ariel Grange's Dixson, a 2003 Belgian Warmblood gelding
In addition to the above, Ben Asselin of Calgary, AB, on Attache Stables Makavoy, a 2003 Dutch Warmblood gelding and Chris Sorensen of Caledon, ON, on Britland Hughes and his own Bobby S, a 2002 Dutch Warmblood gelding, will be the other two Canadian Athletes in the International Division.
The Wellington Team is supported by Chef d'Equipe, Mark Laskin, Team Manager, Karen Hendry-Ouellette and Team Veterinarian, Dr. Sylvie Surprenant.
Canada has won the FEI Nations Cup™ in Wellington, FL, a total of five times, claiming victory in 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009 and 2010. The two-round Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup™, presented by G&C Farm, will take place Friday evening, Feb. 28 at 7 p.m.
Young Rider Team
Canada will be represented by the following four combinations in the $10,000 FEI Young Riders Nations Cup, presented by Hollow Creek Farm, on Mar. 1 in the International Arena:
- Bretton Chad of Calgary, AB, on Stone Ridge Farms LLC's Zeddam, a 2004 Dutch Warmblood gelding;
- Kara Chad of Calgary, AB, on Stone Ridge Farms LLC's Alberto II, a 2003 Holsteiner gelding;
- Jacqueline Steffens of Harriston, ON, on Double C Stables Quercus Van Generhese, a 2000 Belgian Warmblood gelding;
- Nicole Walker of Aurora, ON, riding her own Blue Loyd 12, a 2000 Oldenburg gelding
Beth Underhill will be the Chef d'Equipe for the Young Riders Team.
About the Nations Cup
A Nations Cup is the only competition in show jumping where riders, competing in teams of four, compete against other countries for top honours. The top three scores from each team are counted towards the final result of the two-round competition.
The Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup™ Jumping 2014 series has already begun. The next leg of the series will take place in Wellington, Florida on Friday Feb.28, 2014. This is the first of three competitions in the North America, Central America and Caribbean region.
You can find details of this event at www.equestriansport.com. For further information of the Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup™ Jumping series check out the FEI website.
About Jump Canada
Jump Canada is the committee of Equine Canada responsible for all hunter, equitation and jumper activities in Canada from the grass roots to the international level. Jump Canada is governed by a board, the majority of whose members are elected by the stakeholders in the sport. For more information regarding Jump Canada programs and activities, visit www.equinecanada.ca/jumpcanada.