Gladstone, NJ -The schedule of events is now available for the Fifth Annual George H. Morris Horsemastership Training Session, January 4-8, 2011 in Wellington, FL. Auditing of mounted and educational sessions is open to the public and free of charge; however, a donation to the USET Foundation will be greatly appreciated.
Auditors will have the opportunity to get valuable, first-hand exposure to the highest level of training conducted by the legendary horseman and U.S. Show Jumping Chef d'Equipe, George Morris.
The selected riders, Taylor Ann Adams, Hayley Barnhill, Victoria Birdsall, Chase Boggio, Molly Braswell, Anna Hallene, Kate Haley, Brittany Hurst, Lillie Keenan, Karen Polle, Kelsey Thatcher and Ali Wolff will participate in mounted sessions at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center.
The mounted sessions will run Tuesday through Saturday 8:00-9:30am and 10:00-11:30am. Auditors are also invited to attend the free, daily educational sessions taught by industry experts:
- Anne Kursinski, Olympian - How to Get the Most Out of Your Horse: Flat Work
- Jane Savoie, Olympic Coach and Reserve Olympian - How to Think Like a Champion
- Dr. Mary Beth Gordon, PhD, Purina Mills - Nutrition Session
- Dr. Tim Ober, U.S. Show Jumping Team Veterinarian - Veterinary Session
- George Morris - Photo Critique of Training Session Riders
- Panel Discussion with U.S. Team Riders: Road from a Young Rider to an Olympian - Panel to include U.S. Show Jumping Team riders and Olympians Laura Kraut, Beezie Madden and McLain Ward.
- Putting Horses First with the ASPCA - Discussion with top international riders & ASPCA Equine Welfare Ambassadors Georgina Bloomberg and Brianne Goutal, ASPCA Sr. Director of Equine Events and Special Projects, Valerie Angeli, and ASPCA Manager ofEquine Events, Joanne Pentangelo.
- Anthony D'Ambrosio, World Class Course Designer - Logic Behind the Course
The 2011 George H. Morris Horsemastership Training Session has been made possible with support from the ASPCA, Equestrian Sports Productions, EQUUS Foundation, Practical Horseman, Purina Mills, the Syracuse Invitational Sporthorse Tournament, the USET Foundation and the United States Hunter Jumper Association Foundation.
The complete schedule for the 2011 George H. Morris Horsemastership Training Session is available here http://www.usef.org/_IFrames/breedsdisciplines/discipline/alljumping/horsemastership.aspx.
For more information contact USEF Director of Show Jumping High Performance Programs, Lizzy Chesson at email@example.com.
Photo Credit: Photo by Connie Sawyer