"On the Scene" coverage brought to you by Mary Phelps, a Markel Equine Insurance Specialist - Take an on-line insurance tour for a fast and easy quote.
Attention Amateurs! Did you compete in all three Wellington Classic Dressage Winter Series shows - Wellington Classic I, Spring, and II ? If so, fill our our On-Line form and deliver it to us at
the final event of the series, Wellington Classic Dressage II - March 8-9
* Markel/Wellington Classic Dressage Challenge Amateur Dressage Championship
* Trainers Award presented by Thin Line
Wellington Classic Dressage Challenge IIPresented by Collecting Gaits Farm
Jason Canton and Grandioso Aiming for Developing Horse Championships
Jason Canton and Grandioso, the Six-Year-Old champion in last year’s Markel/USEF National Young Horse Dressage Championships, are aiming for this year’s Developing Horse Dressage Championships. After their successful showing at the 2008 Wellington Classic Dressage Challenge II, their chances of making it are looking bright. The pair have been competing on the Florida circuit at Fourth Level and never falling below 70 percent. At this weekend’s competition, Grandioso scored a 77.50 percent in his very first time out at Fourth Level Test 2. Judge Lilo Fore commented on how well-schooled, forward and through Grandioso was in his test giving him a "9" for rider. Read More....
Katherine Bateson Chandler and “Dream Horse” Collect Blues at 2008 Wellington Classic Dressage Challenge IIBy Lynndee Kemmet for DressageDaily.com
For Katherine Bateson Chandler, Rutherford is a dream come true. The 10-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding by Krack C is the first horse anyone has ever bought her to ride and what a perfect choice he turned out to be. At this weekend’s 2008 Wellington Classic Dressage Challenge II, Bateson Chandler and Rutherford collected blue ribbons in both the FEI Prix St. Georges and FEI Intermediaire I competition. “I’m so proud of my horse,” Bateson Chandler said. “He’s quite green. This is only the second time he did the Intermediaire test.” Rutherford is making quite an impressive showing at the FEI level with scores in the 70s. In Prix St. Georges competition he scored a 71.25. Read More...
Shawna Harding and Come On III Win the Wellington Classic Dressage Challenge
In their eleventh victory during the Dressage in Florida show circuit, Shawna Harding and her Danish Warmblood super star Come On III won the inaugural year of the Wellington Classic Dressage Challenge Award. After winning a Prix St Georges Division in all three of the winter show series held at the popular Palm Beach County Brandon showground's Harding leaves for her home base in Aiken, South Carolina with not only a trunk full of blankets and blue ribbons but a check from Wellington Classic Dressage for $5,000. Read More. ...
Wellington Classic Dressage Spring Challenge - February 23-24, 2008By Lynndee Kemmet for DressageDaily.com
Quality Horses Abound at 2008 Wellington Classic Spring Challenge
In Sunday’s FEI Intermediaire I competition, the top six all scored over 70 percent. The winner was Sue Jaccoma and Wadamur, an eight-year-old Hanoverian gelding, with a score of 74.75 percent. The other 70-percent breakers were Michelle Gibson and Don Angelo (73.00), Patricia Becker and Sandor (72.50), Jaccoma again with Donatella (72.25), Lori Shoup and Copland (70.25) and Tina Konyot and Calecto V (70.250). Jaccoma was thrilled with both her horses. "I had a wonderful ride on Wadamur. It was just beautiful. And then, I had a second wonderful ride on Donatella. Read More..
o Sunday - February 17, 2008
o Saturday - February 16, 2008
o Quality Horses Abound at 2008 Wellington Classis Spring Challenge
o Alabama is Well-Represented at 2008 Wellington Classis Spring Challenge
o Shawna Harding Has All-Around Good Day at Wellington Classic Spring Challenge
o Lars Petersen and Shawna Harding Edge Closer to $15,000
Collecting Gaits Farm Becomes Title Sponsor for the Gold Coast Opener CDI-W/Y and Wellington Classic Winter Dressage Shows
Jeff and Shereen FuquaWellington, Florida – John Flanagan, Sponsorship Coordinator for the Wellington Classic Dressage and the Gold Coast Dressage Association, announced today that Collecting Gaits Farms has become the title sponsor for both the Wellington Classic Dressage Shows and the Gold Coast Dressage CDI-W/Y for the 2008 season.
"This is a tremendous boost to our confidence that they would support our show series as their name is associated with other top competitions," said Flanagan. His wife, Noreen O'Sullivan Flanagan, is the show manager and current president of GCDA. In only two years of managing the Wellington Classic Dressage Shows, this organization has successfully expanded its show series by adding more dates and more prize money.
Wellington Classic Dressage Challenge I Results
* Sunday - January 13, 2008
* Saturday - January 12, 2008
On the SceneWellington Classic Dressage Challenge I
* 01-05 - Lars Petersen, Shawna Harding and Amy Stuhr are in the Running for the Championship Prize Money at The Wellington Classic Dressage Challenge Series
* 01-14 - http://www.dressagedaily.com/2008/dd_200802/dd_20080217.html
* 01-13 - Sabbatical from Work Pays Off for Amy Stuhr
* 01-12 - Lisa Wilcox Unveils New Olympic Contender at 2008
* 01-09 - Collecting Gaits Farm Becomes Title Sponsor for the Gold Coast Opener CDI-W/Y and Wellington Classic Winter Dressage Shows
* 12-29 - Who Will Rise to the Challenge? Prize Money for Grand Prix and Prix St Georges, Amateur Awards, and Recognition of Top Trainer
* 12-20 - Michelle Gibson and Don Angelo Claim Double Victory in Small Tour
* 12-20 - Devon Kane Introduces Dom Perignon to U.S. in PSG
* 12-7 - Wellington Classic Holiday Challenge and And TOYS FOR TOTS Benefit
2008 Wellington Classic Dressage Challenge Show Circuit
* January 12-13 - Wellington Classic Dressage Challenge I
* February 16-17 - Wellington Classic Spring Challenge USEF/USDF
* March 8-9 - Wellington Classic Dressage Challenge II
* April 26-27 - Wellington Classic Dressage Challenge III