Following the huge success of social media during the 2012 Olympics in London, amateurs and horse lovers will be able to follow the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2014 in Normandy in 2.0. More information HERE.The official app of the event, “Normandy 2014” is now available with a lot of exclusive content:
- Schedules, results and live scores of all the competitions
- Rankings and Medals
- News, photos and videos of the event
- Visitors’ Information (access, accommodation, catering, etc.) and maps to organise your stay
- Rankings and Biographies of the 1,000 competitors
- Filters per discipline to enable you to follow only the disciplines that you like
- Social Media Hub: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- A photo contest « Fotofan » to personalize your photos
Apple Store: http://bit.ly/appnormandie2014apple
Google Play: http://bit.ly/appnormandie2014android
* This app is neither available on tablet computers nor Windows Phones and Blackberry’s, but the mobile version of the website
www.normandy2014.com is available!
The official Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest pages :
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/normandie2014
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/normandie2014
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/normandie2014
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/normandie2014
Join the chat, and don’t forget to use the official hashtag: #WEG2014
2 Facebook contests launched by the Organising Committee and a “Social Media Hub” on the website www.normandy2014.com to see all the content shared on social media on one page!
The hashtag contest “Support your nation” for the best fans of the world! e.g.: support France with #WEG2014 #FRA or support USA with #WEG2014 #USA
HorsifyMe App: The brand new FEI Horsify Me App, launched especially for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games™ 2014 in Normandy, is brought to you by the FEI as a fun take on the idea that our horses are part of us. Take a photo of yourself, choose a horse face and “horsify” yourself! Available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Alltech, title-sponsor of the event, will also be very active on social media during the Games: www.alltech.com/games, on Twitter via @Alltech #AgFuture and Facebook: www.facebook.com/alltechNaturally
Entertainment schedule of the Village and competitions programme are online on the event website. It is possible to filter by day and by theme, it’s a useful tool to plan your day at the Games: here
Through Ouest France paper editions!
Discover the Games Official Programme :
The Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games™ 2014 in Normandy official programme, in partnership with Ouest-France is sold in Ouest-France corners for a once-off price of 6€.
This bilingual programme offers, among others, a presentation of the event and the various disciplines. It also provides an update on all the activities that will be offered to the public for 15 days.
The official newspaper
The official newspaper (in French and English) includes information about the previous day’s competitions, the day’s schedule, the list of entrants, a presentation of the Games Village entertainment, and much more!
On the world’s giant screens!
Television coverage of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games™ 2014 will be broadcast in more than 200 territories worldwide. Public broadcasters from more than 10 European countries will provide coverage to the event. Further coverage in an attractive mix of live, delayed live and highlights programming, will be provided by additional channels and networks from around the globe.
Pan-territorial channel Eurosport will show the Games in 20 languages across its European broadcast footprint. FEI TV, the FEI’s official video website, will live-stream high quality coverage of the entire event, with daily English-language commentary from more than 30 equestrian experts at www.feitv.org. In addition, the FEI’s daily talk-show hosting a colorful selection of athletes, coaches and celebrities from the equestrian world will be available via FEI TV and other websites, including the official event portal,www.normandy2014.com, that will also offer regular clips from the Games in Normandy.
Official Sponsor France Télévisions and Media Partner Equidia Life will provide French viewers with an unprecedented level of broadcast coverage of the biggest sporting event in France this year.
Buying a ticket online is still possible
Up to now 474,000 tickets have been sold, among them 325,000 for the general public and 65,000 to firms or sponsors. The Games Village in Caen (150 hours of entertainment and 8 Alltech Music Festival concerts) has sold 84,000 tickets. Visitors will join those who already have free access to the Village, thanks to a competition ticket. We have almost achieved the goal of 500,000 visitors in Normandy during this fortnight.
Tickets are still for sale on the official website and in Tourism Offices:
- To see the best athletes in the first days of competition: Jumping and Dressage in d’Ornano stadium, transformed into an equestrian arena.
- To support athletes overcoming their handicap: Para-dressage in La Prairie racecourse
- To see beautiful sport in an electric atmosphere around La Prairie racetrack: 4 horses Driving cross-country.
- Important: for the disciplines already sold out, there will be no tickets sales at the venues.
Prices: the average price of a ticket is 25€, -50% for children under 12.
The access to the Games Village is free for those who already have a competition ticket for the same day (5€ for an adult and free for children under 12). The ticket also allows its holder to go to one the 8 concerts in the evening. Pre-booking of tickets is imperative on the Games ticketing website if you wish to attend the concerts, even for those with tickets to the competitions, which give you the right to free access (due to a limit of 10,000 persons per night).